Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Connecting drive away awning without roll out awning

N

Nick Davies

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I have a 2018 Beach without the wind-out awning. Is it possible to fit a drive away awning directly to the channel that the wind-out awning uses and if so what size beading do I need to fit into the channel?

I have a 2018 Beach without the wind-out awning. Is it possible to fit a drive away awning directly to the channel that the wind-out awning uses and if so what size beading do I need to fit into the channel?
Yes it is. I think the shop sells a massive connector strip for there. Or you could use thumb screws or even throw the guy ropes over the van front and back and peg down the other side

Yes, the metal channel takes a kador strip but a standard 6mm pulls out - there's a few threads on hear with alternative kadors that fit.

Yes, the metal channel takes a kador strip but a standard 6mm pulls out - there's a few threads on hear with alternative kadors that fit.
What you need is the Kampa drive away awning kit. See pic below, I know the club shop sell them but they might not be the Kampa version. If you look at the Kador strip, it has 3 attachment beads in one. If you thread the two smaller ones into the awning rail and the thicker one into the figure of eight plastic strip, that will give you a nice tight fit and should prevent any ‘pull out’. F0BE5FB8-3D59-47ED-BD52-9FDA280F866E.png

What you need is the Kampa drive away awning kit. See pic below, I know the club shop sell them but they might not be the Kampa version. If you look at the Kador strip, it has 3 attachment beads in one. If you thread the two smaller ones into the awning rail and the thicker one into the figure of eight plastic strip, that will give you a nice tight fit and should prevent any ‘pull out’. View attachment 65502
Thanks, I’ll follow that up, I’ve managed to bodge it with some duct tape to thicken the beading so that it doesn’t pop out! I had a lightweight Van go awning that had that set up with 3 sets of beading so hopefully the Kampa kit will work in the same way.

IN my head I won't be faffing with the Kador strip when I get my van. I am going to try to thread the awning connector strip with 6mm bungee cord and hook it over the wind out awning, in your case I would get some screw on hooks that fit to the rail. Worth a go right be a complete fail.

Back