Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Continental Contact Contivan harsh, to Michelin Crossclimate Camper, opinions please.

G

G-A-R-Y

Vehicle
Looking to buy
My ride is harsh, van (680) is never loaded with much, I find the ride harsh. Tyres are specced as "low rolling resistance" from new.

Has anyone fitted Michelin Crossclimate, do they even do it in the correct weight and size rating?

What does it drive like after.

No personal experience but there is an SUV version with a higher load rating. Do a search (assuming its working), its a common upgrade and I think most are happy, except maybe for the tread pattern which is my main critique.

Check those pressures are correct per the sticker on the drivers door , look the wrong way around.

Check those pressures are correct per the sticker on the drivers door , look the wrong way around.
Yes stickers recommend 72 psi, which is for a fully loaded vehicle with aircon and satellite dish.
There is no weight on the back, it's basically a empty box.

I fitted these to our 680

Michelin Agilis Crossclimate 235/60 R17C 117/115R 8PR, 3PMSF

And they work well, better off tarmac (Grassy muddy farm track) than the factory tyres and felt better in heavy rain.
I can’t recall if ride quality changed tho.

My ride is harsh, van (680) is never loaded with much, I find the ride harsh. Tyres are specced as "low rolling resistance" from new.

Has anyone fitted Michelin Crossclimate, do they even do it in the correct weight and size rating?

What does it drive like after.
Definitely not a tyre expert but have found tyres a way to make a slight difference to the harsh ride. On my Ocean I have the Crossclimate 2 version. In the size I went for, I was able to adjust the pressure and get a good ride, I found them a good tyre in the wet and on wet fields. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get the size I wanted, with the right load rating, for the 680. So ended up with BFG KO2s and have managed to do the same thing. It’s helped the ride and I expect it to be better when fully laden.

Back