Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Continuous loss of current of 1A (Grand California 600)

K

Kelleckdaoufrancis

Vehicle
Grand California 600
is there someone like me who has a loss of current of 1A, while any source requiring electricity is cut?
This loss is visible on the central panel.
1 ampere/hour, it's not nothing!
I thank anyone who can help me With an explanation
The dealer found nothing.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year

is there someone like me who has a loss of current of 1A, while any source requiring electricity is cut?
This loss is visible on the central panel.
1 ampere/hour, it's not nothing!
I thank anyone who can help me With an explanation
The dealer found nothing.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year
Are you sure it is not showing the Power Consumption of the Control Panel electronics/screen?
This should drop , possibly to 0 amps when the Control Panel goes into Standby mode with screen Off.

Just having the control panel on always shows that amount of draw.
There is a parasitic drain on the GC electrics, my leisure battery would only last a week even with everything turned off.
If you use the big red switch in the cupboard that does disconnect whatever the drain is & the leisure battery then only discharges at the very slow rate that you would expect.

Just having the control panel on always shows that amount of draw.
There is a parasitic drain on the GC electrics, my leisure battery would only last a week even with everything turned off.
If you use the big red switch in the cupboard that does disconnect whatever the drain is & the leisure battery then only discharges at the very slow rate that you would expect.
Yes this is exactly the problem I have.
I was intended to pull fuse by fuse to try to locate the reason for the loss. But I'm not sure I'm doing well, and especially if I can change something...Maybe, like Welshgas said it's the power consumption of the control panel.

The control panel is some of the drain, but there is still a drain even with the panel turned off.

The truma heater control panel being on? I understand that when you turn the big red switch off at the back it turns the truma off - but then presumably that means when it is on the truma CP is on all the time too?

The truma heater control panel being on? I understand that when you turn the big red switch off at the back it turns the truma off - but then presumably that means when it is on the truma CP is on all the time too?
That sounds like a possibility.

That sounds like a possibility.

Hello,

Did you find the problem with this 1A? I have exactly the same problem that is getting me crazy, it drains the battery from 100% to 0% in 5 days. is that normal?

Hello,

Did you find the problem with this 1A? I have exactly the same problem that is getting me crazy, it drains the battery from 100% to 0% in 5 days. is that normal?

I found that to be normal if the red switch wasn't turned off.

I ended up putting a bluetooth battery monitor on the leisure battery with an alarm set to notify when the charge was getting low, my home office was close enough for the signal to reach from where I normally parked the van. I ended up with the van plugged into 240v most of the time just to keep the battery alive.

I’ve been monitoring mine over the last 12 months. Based on the information the Votronic Bluetooth solar monitor is giving it looks like the van quiescent draw is between 4Ah and 5Ah per 24h with the red switch on. Solar should keep pace with that the vast majority of the year (in the UK) with the darkest days in December being the likely exception where you will need to plug the van in to keep the leisure battery in good charge.

Just thought I would check things today and it looks like the van is currently consuming around 6Ah/day. Here’s the screenshot from the last 7 days, we’ve not been out in the van over these days. 5 days to 0% sounds short. Have you got any USB stuff plugged in?IMG_3936.pngIMG_3936.png

Back