Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Control box roof malfunction

Julie and Archie

Julie and Archie

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
hi. I've checked and couldn't find another post. Weird thing this morning when came to close roof, every time I selected close and pressed button it jumped back to roof page. Had a mild panic (not quite true. Heart attack more like as at eurotunnel aire, 300 miles from home and 500 miles from destination). Tried to switch whole thing off but would not let me as roof open. Tried changing another setting (fridge) then back to roof - all fine. Am now in aire in French town debating whether to put up again. Boot stuffed with a delivery of plants I'm taking (and I mean stuffed) so down stairs bed not in use.

I've no roof straps but do have comfort insurance and rac.

Tempted to treat like computer glitch. Switch everything on/off and carry on.

Anybody else had this issue?

hi. I've checked and couldn't find another post. Weird thing this morning when came to close roof, every time I selected close and pressed button it jumped back to roof page. Had a mild panic (not quite true. Heart attack more like as at eurotunnel aire, 300 miles from home and 500 miles from destination). Tried to switch whole thing off but would not let me as roof open. Tried changing another setting (fridge) then back to roof - all fine. Am now in aire in French town debating whether to put up again. Boot stuffed with a delivery of plants I'm taking (and I mean stuffed) so down stairs bed not in use.

I've no roof straps but do have comfort insurance and rac.

Tempted to treat like computer glitch. Switch everything on/off and carry on.

Anybody else had this issue?
No one has mentioned it before.
Press L lower button to switch off. Wait 30 secs and then L lower button to switch on. Hopefully, as you said just a hiccup.

Probally to late now but next time it appears try to raise the roof fully first again and then lower it .

Thanks. Roof is up. I switched control panel off then on again. Fingers crossed

Back