Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Control Panel two issues answers if poss?

A

andyrob

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi all,

I have two possibly unrelated questions with the Control Panel on my 2015 SE Cali.

Just been away for the weekend (Fab weekend) and have had an issue when trying to drop the roof.

1) When selecting close on the control panel, the control panel is asking for the ignition to be on when it is already on. I removed the key and tried a number of times and then it worked!
Now at home and put the roof up and down a few times and all appears normal.
Anyone else experienced this? Or is it possibly user error and a one off?

2) On arrival home the control panel is stating See Combi Instrument ? Any ideas what this is the user manual has no ref?

Thank you in advance.
Andy

I have no ideas as to what those errors are, but I would suggest doing the following.

1. Have you actually Switched the Control Panel OFF, using the Bottom L button?

2. Switch On the Control Panel using Bottom L button. This will re-boot software.

3. When Control Panel is On - Press and Hold Bottom R button and press Control Knob fora few seconds. A " New " hidden Menu is displayed. Scroll to " Volkswagen " and " Diagnostics " . Any Error codes shown?

If Codes shown, copy down and use Reset function to Clear them.

This thread has some info about your 1st problem.
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/roof-wont-open-ignition-on.13761/

When it says refer to combi instruments it's because the control panel is set
To the page with the outside temperature displayed but when you have the ignition on it displays in the combi panel if that makes any sense at all

Hi Welsh Gas - Yes, perfect get it.Just the ignition thing now, but tested repeatedly at home and no repeat issues, so thinking click or user error...0;)

Cheers
Andy

Wish I'd read this one before .... exactly the same issue as above .... so will now have a little more confidence ... - Andy - did yours stay fixed on the above procedures ?

cheers

al

Hi Al - sorry just caught up with this and yes all working fine.

Thanks all.
Andy

Thanyou for answering the "see combi instrument" query. Always wondered what it meant.

Back