Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New control panel problem - Jumping menus

C

caligraphy

I have a long standing problem where the control panel works fine (2007 SE) but it jumps about on the menus when I touch the control menu. Thankfully it just takes a bit of playing around to get to the right menu item (such as open roof) and once selected it seems to hold the menu (ie, once roof starts to open it stays on that menu while it's opening). I had the problem during the warranty period but it didn't annoy me enough to take the van off the road as I was using it all the time.

It's not the knob, as I fitted a replacement knob and the problem persists. All operations with a separate switch (heater, fridge) operate just fine.

Any ideas ? I'm willing to send the control panel off for repairs so I'd also appreciate any suggestions of repairers in the UK or European mainland.

I have a long standing problem where the control panel works fine (2007 SE) but it jumps about on the menus when I touch the control menu. Thankfully it just takes a bit of playing around to get to the right menu item (such as open roof) and once selected it seems to hold the menu (ie, once roof starts to open it stays on that menu while it's opening). I had the problem during the warranty period but it didn't annoy me enough to take the van off the road as I was using it all the time.

It's not the knob, as I fitted a replacement knob and the problem persists. All operations with a separate switch (heater, fridge) operate just fine.

Any ideas ? I'm willing to send the control panel off for repairs so I'd also appreciate any suggestions of repairers in the UK or European mainland.
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/control-panel-display-fix-company.16932/