Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Control Panel Changing Knob.

Grumpy Mike

Grumpy Mike

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
My knob broke.... changed it. Now the panel shows the roof is up. I try to turn off the panel and it says Roof Open. I took out the panel and re installed it. Same again. I have tried re setting the panel. Still shows roof open. Took roof up a short way and closed it. Still shows as open. Went into hidden menu shows 1000?????
Tried to delete the error. Still there?

Any help appreciated.

Might be coincidence but might be one of you hall sensors on the hydraulic rams.

The only way is to borrow a controller of a trusting Cali owner to eliminate the controler.
What happens if you power the unit down ,bottom left button?

The only way is to borrow a controller of a trusting Cali owner to eliminate the controler.
What happens if you power the unit down ,bottom left button?
Power down and it either won't go off as it brings up message roof open or if it does it starts up again showing roof open.

Might be coincidence but might be one of you hall sensors on the hydraulic rams.
What are they? Where are they and approx cost? I don't fancy doing anything till the weather changes...

What are they? Where are they and approx cost? I don't fancy doing anything till the weather changes...
I wouldn’t imagine it was a sensor failure as everything was working perfectly well before you changed the knob. Hall sensors are quite difficult to change unless you know what you are doing. Most places charge anything from £800 - £1500 plus to do the job and VW will want to change the whole wiring loom.
Look at all the simple stuff before thinking about changing sensors.

I wouldn’t imagine it was a sensor failure as everything was working perfectly well before you changed the knob. Hall sensors are quite difficult to change unless you know what you are doing. Most places charge anything from £800 - £1500 plus to do the job and VW will want to change the whole wiring loom.
Look at all the simple stuff before thinking about changing sensors.
Pete. I did. What do you consider the simple stuff just incase I am missing something?

Pete. I did. What do you consider the simple stuff just incase I am missing something?
I suppose just making sure that everything is plugged in correctly especially the 2 ribbons. I avoided that by not taking them out and just taking the 4 screws out of the back.

Back