Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Control Panel replacement guide - can't download

M

mandieq

Hi,

I bought the control panel replacement button from you which arrived this morning - thank you, perfectly timed.

I need to replace it today before we head off to France tomorrow. However I can't download the guide that is linked to by the button advert. It asks for a username / pwd and mine doesn't work for some reason.

Please can you email it / point me towards a download location? I need to replace it today as the old button is barely just hanging in there and I don't want it to fail while we are away!

Thanks in advance for your help!

I think you need to be a VIP for the download section however as you have purchased an item I would expect Martin or Kev will email you the instructions - I guess they for got to include them.

Got it - thanks Martin.

Knob replaced - took two of us to get the damn thing out, banged my head countless times but peace of mind restored for trip away.

So glad I found that you sold replacement ones before we headed off and it completely failed.

Thanks! :thumb

Hi grateful for your learned advice. We Bought a California from VW Kettering in Nov 2013. They had registered it with DVLA 30 June 2013 and we believe got it from VW Nov 2013. This wee (13 June 2016) the Rotary know on the Central Console stopped working. The button works but not the rotary know so you can open the roof but nothing else. Spoke to VW who say that as they had registered April 2013 it was now out of manufacturers warranty. They suggest i take it to then, they check and diagnose it then they discuss with VW if there would be a goodwill payment for or towards this. Would you learned folk suggest go through the hassle of taking it there crossing fingers and been worried of been led to a large bill, or go for the option of buy a new button and DIY ? Cheers Steve (Do they have a program to make things fail a few weeks after the 3 years after registered with VW, even if not yet registered with DVLA)??

Last edited:
Hi grateful for your learned advice. We Bought a California from VW Kettering in Nov 2013. They had registered it with DVLA 30 June 2013 and we believe got it from VW Nov 2013. This wee (13 June 2016) the Rotary know on the Central Console stopped working. The button works but not the rotary know so you can open the roof but nothing else. Spoke to VW who say that as they had registered April 2013 it was now out of manufacturers warranty. They suggest i take it to then, they check and diagnose it then they discuss with VW if there would be a goodwill payment for or towards this. Would you learned folk suggest go through the hassle of taking it there crossing fingers and been worried of been led to a large bill, or go for the option of buy a new button and DIY ? Cheers Steve (Do they have a program to make things fail a few weeks after the 3 years after registered with VW, even if not yet registered with DVLA)??
If you go to this site https://www.gov.uk/get-vehicle-information-from-dvla and input Reg Number then DVLA will tell you when it was registered with them.
Best to check because VW maybe using their own database not DVLA.
Was it an ex-demo, because they only keep them for about 3 - 5 months before selling.

Are you speaking to VW or a dealer? I'm relatively new to VW but have had warranty end date run-ins with other marques (particularly Volvo) in the past. My experience then was that Volvo had very prescriptive goodwill contributions for items that failed just out of warranty. I got 80% on the entertainment / comms screen that failed 2 weeks out of warranty. But for some reason the dealer was reluctant to sort this for me. But as soon as I spoke to Volvo customer service it was sorted in minutes.

Let us know how you get on with this.

Are you speaking to VW or a dealer? I'm relatively new to VW but have had warranty end date run-ins with other marques (particularly Volvo) in the past. My experience then was that Volvo had very prescriptive goodwill contributions for items that failed just out of warranty. I got 80% on the entertainment / comms screen that failed 2 weeks out of warranty. But for some reason the dealer was reluctant to sort this for me. But as soon as I spoke to Volvo customer service it was sorted in minutes.

Let us know how you get on with this.
Hi, it was the Dealer at South Oxford. So today Rang VW its self and it said the warrant started 20th Jun 2013, not 18th April 2013 as the dealer said.... The warranty runs t ill 19th June 2016 so have booked it in. Hopefully, this was just a misunderstanding by the dealer rather than sharp practice... Thanks Welsh Gas and DM.

Reactions: DM
Hi, it was the Dealer at South Oxford. So today Rang VW its self and it said the warrant started 20th Jun 2013, not 18th April 2013 as the dealer said.... The warranty runs t ill 19th June 2016 so have booked it in. Hopefully, this was just a misunderstanding by the dealer rather than sharp practice... Thanks Welsh Gas and DM.
Aslong as you have registered the fault with the dealer before the warranty runs out you should be OK. Is it going in before 20 June. It would be worth asking th dealer to give it a good check over from a warranty perspective. They may spot something (particularly mechanical) that you are not aware of.

Aslong as you have registered the fault with the dealer before the warranty runs out you should be OK. Is it going in before 20 June. It would be worth asking th dealer to give it a good check over from a warranty perspective. They may spot something (particularly mechanical) that you are not aware of.
If you haven't done it already get the Dealer to check the roof, front section and elevating section for the dreaded " Roof Corrosion ".