Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Control Panel Replacement

Martyn79

Martyn79

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi all, i was wondering if the picture is common place for all Calli’s? We have had our 2014 model for lest than a month and it has pixelated (it may have been the children also:rolleyes:). Is it expensive to repair? TIA.

198F3939-32CF-4F57-8AFA-D96C6FE03F86.jpeg

Using the Search function will reveal various helpful threads. The cheapest, yet very reliable route seems to be to send off to Netherlands for repair at €120

Hi all, i was wondering if the picture is common place for all Calli’s? We have had our 2014 model for lest than a month and it has pixelated (it may have been the children also:rolleyes:). Is it expensive to repair? TIA.

View attachment 61365
I bought a replacement front fascia online as the wheel botton broke. Fitted it no problem and I'm a DIY numpty but the instructions were easy to follow. Just needed the right tools. I remember needing a really tiny star key.

I bought a replacement front fascia online as the wheel botton broke. Fitted it no problem and I'm a DIY numpty but the instructions were easy to follow. Just needed the right tools. I remember needing a really tiny star key.
That’s good to know, I’m not the best at DIY.

View attachment 61365
That is not the usual failure screen people see. Normally horizontal lines through the white characters, not coloured splurges.

Have you tried cleaning the screen with some spirit or window cleaner.?

The Character Pixels are all there, it almost seems as if there is something on the screen itself.

Might be worth taking apart first and checking for loose/bad connections.
Doesn’t look like dead pixels...

Looks the same as this one from last year.