Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Control Panel Rotary Switch

Chris Hill T5

Chris Hill T5

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi,

I am sure this has probably been asked before but the search function on the website seems to be down at the moment.

Does anyone have any experience of replacing just the rotary switch on the control panel?, our' one has become unreliable and takes some fiddling to get it to select the required function. Before the summer season I would like to fix it as we don't want to be stuck with the roof up somewhere!

I am reasonably competent with van electrics but don't want to start fishing around without some advice.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Here's a Google search

I don't have personal experience but it seems most problems relate to the plastic knob and not the rotary encoder. Apparently one can operate the panel with a screwdriver if necessary.

Couple of decent videos on YouTube.
I'll be changing mine at the weekend, along with the tap which is also knackered.

I replaced mine last Autumn without any problems after viewing a couple of the videos already mentioned. I had to replace with a laser cut knob as the control panel replacement, which includes the knob was out of stock. The laser cut knob works ok but it's black rather than grey. Also a little concerned that its design may allow dust to get into the control panel. Now have the new replacement panel and will change over when I have the time.
I found the hardest part was getting the control box out - from then on was quite easy.
Hope all goes well.

Back