Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Control Panel

I've just had mine go to Verotronics and back, arrived back today. Picked up €99 of customs charges on arrival in Netherlands but nothing on the return to the UK. I had declared it as £300 value on the outward form (Electronics for repair) but Vero helped collect it for me (I paid them in advance once we new what the charges were). Works beautifully now, very pleased (and somewhat relieved since I was a tad apprehensive about the new customs issues...)

I've just had mine go to Verotronics and back, arrived back today. Picked up €99 of customs charges on arrival in Netherlands but nothing on the return to the UK. I had declared it as £300 value on the outward form (Electronics for repair) but Vero helped collect it for me (I paid them in advance once we new what the charges were). Works beautifully now, very pleased (and somewhat relieved since I was a tad apprehensive about the new customs issues...)
So is that 99 euronen brexit tax on top

What did Verotronics declare the Control Panel as and the value?

I sent my unit to VeroTronics last Tuesday. Reading this thread I’m getting nervous because they said turnaround is quite quick but I did not factor all this customs malarkey. I think I also declared the value as £1000 even though Royal mail only insure £250. God knows what kind of import charge might be holding up the unit now. Sounds like i better contact them and be prepared to shell out some money upfront to ensure they get it. FFS.

In the meantime if anybody wants to sell me a working unit for a reasonable price… leaving for our big summer holiday in about two weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surely there must be someone in the UK that has the facilities to refurbish one of these units.

Surely there must be someone in the UK that has the facilities to refurbish one of these units.

I suppose it’s the £1000 risk for £100 labour putting people off. Don’t want to get it wrong!

I suppose it’s the £1000 risk for £100 labour putting people off. Don’t want to get it wrong!

Sorry, but I don’t understand how a Broken Control panel can be valued at a £1000.

You might find that putting that valuation on the Customs Declaration might cause some problems.

Sorry, but I don’t understand how a Broken Control panel can be valued at a £1000.

You might find that putting that valuation on the Customs Declaration might cause some problems.

It’s not worth £1000 broken, but that’s the replacement cost if it’s lost in the mail. Ya know…for insurance?
I had already written it when the guy said it’s max £250 insurance anyway and I didn’t consider it would matter so didn’t bother redoing tombs whole form. Was in a hurry to get home, I haven’t mailed anything international for awhile.
I didn’t see any guidance on here to declare it a gift, so lesson learned for the next person.

Back