Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

the control panel keys

M

Milena

Vehicle
T5 SE 130
the control panel keys do not work, the control panel is illuminated but I cannot set the time, the time flashes but it is not possible to press the buttons to adjust it, whatsapp can I do? Thanks a lot

015D9DBC-B895-4516-8AEC-FE7AF71012F1.jpeg

5890062E-826F-4582-89A5-E3715DE8420C.jpeg

the control panel keys do not work, the control panel is illuminated but I cannot set the time, the time flashes but it is not possible to press the buttons to adjust it, whatsapp can I do? Thanks a lot

View attachment 118006

View attachment 118007
Normally after a battery reset or battery replacement the time will flash. The quickest way to set the date and time after a reset is to press the knob and the return button below the knob at the same time. This should take you to a date and time screen and you use the rotary to adjust each element to the correct value and press the button to move to the next value. Date first then time.

Otherwise you should be able to scroll to the Clock menu and set from there as you would normally adjust the clock / date.

A

If panel reacts to flat buttons but not to rotating knob, than knob itself may be broken. Otherwise just double check if cable is properly connected. If it was disassembled check if everything is placed well.

I think my experience is also that nothing works until you set the time. Why did you take it out? Is the knob not working?

Last edited:
If panel reacts to flat buttons but not to rotating knob, than knob itself may be broken. Otherwise just double check if cable is properly connected. If it was disassembled check if everything is placed well.
The panel not reacts to’ flat buttons

The panel not reacts to’ flat buttons
I presume you are trying with All the cables plugged in?
They should be plugged in smallest first and largest last.

Normally after a battery reset or battery replacement the time will flash. The quickest way to set the date and time after a reset is to press the knob and the return button below the knob at the same time. This should take you to a date and time screen and you use the rotary to adjust each element to the correct value and press the button to move to the next value. Date first then time.

Otherwise you should be able to scroll to the Clock menu and set from there as you would normally adjust the clock / date.

A
I tried to press the reset button (bottom right) and knob at the same time, unfortunately the reset is not performed, perhaps you can also see it in my video.
menu and set it is not possible because the bottuns not work, nothing

I think my experience is also that nothing works until you set the time. Why did you take it out? Is the know not working?
the flashing clock appeared after I collected the van from the upholsterer who redid the headliner that had come unglued

done, checked the cable connection, ok.
the buttons don't work, none of the buttons respond to finger pressure

I would unplug it all again. Then plug it in in the order Welshgas suggests - smallest first.

In your picture it only has the big plug in...

What is the correct order? What does it mean from the smallest to the largest? Consider that my van is not equipped with heating so the heating plug is not there, the only plug I have is large, the one that you see where there is the fuchsia

I would unplug it all again. Then plug it in in the order Welshgas suggests - smallest first.

In your picture it only has the big plug in...
What is the correct order? What does it mean from the smallest to the largest? Consider that my van is not equipped with heating so the heating plug is not there, the only plug I have is large, the one that you see where there is the fuchsia
Is it possible that there is a control unit upstream of the control panel ? That is another control unit of the machine?
I tried to disconnect the battery services and the battery motor, but the problem remains, I can not do the reset because the keys do not work, I can not diagnose, nothing , without keys I can not do anything

0FE30A0A-493B-4A81-A9EF-075BF88DFB55.jpeg

Is it possible that there is a control unit upstream of the control panel ? That is another control unit of the machine?
I tried to disconnect the battery services and the battery motor, but the problem remains, I can not do the reset because the keys do not work, I can not diagnose, nothing , without keys I can not do anything

View attachment 118046
The control unit is very much stand alone, as long as the fuses are not blown then that is the only real connection downstream. The order of connectors generally creates issues with the heater and faults with that, but not the clock. Having done it very recently with the panel, the ability to set the time can be done with only the 32way black plug connected.

As a few people have said if the knob has been damaged, which seems to be something that numerous people have faced it effectively disables the rotary knob inc. push button element.

If you very gently rotate the knob, you should be able to feel a slight notching if the knob is intact.

I have managed to removed a broken knob and use a flat blade screwdriver to rotate the switch in order to temporarily use the panel / roof etc

A

IMG_3584.jpeg
Is there nothing plugged in here?

View attachment 118046
What year and model is your vehicle?
Do you not have a Fridge or Diesel Parking Heater?

View attachment 118052
These connectors are only used when the in-cabin heater is fitted, the OP has confirmed that they don't have an in-cabin fitted. I note the OP is based in Italy, so this might be optional in their market. The fridge connections are in the main big black plug.

View attachment 118046
I am not sure your plug is fully connected. I note the purple lever is broken. They are tricky to insert. If you can remove the connector, ensure the purple levers are fully forward,

A partially inserted connector can result in a partial operation. The connector pins are very short and the contact area really small.

1705060134954.png

The correct condition is below.

1705060057397.png

This video should help and the pictures above are screen grabs of it. But full credit to the authors.

View attachment 118046
View attachment 118052
I don’t have heat

Back