Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help! Problem with control panel

IanE

IanE

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
We've had problems with our parking heater not working, which we solved this morning by disconnecting then reconnecting the leisure battery under the passenger seat. My post under Parking heater refers.

But - we now have a clock icon appeared on the control panel as per the attached photo. I've checked the"california supplement" manual, but so far I've been unable to get rid of the icon, which as far as I can tell, says the supplementary heating is programmed to come on? I just want to turn it off!

Can any one help?

In the meantime I've switched the display off, which I understand turns everything off. My fear is the heating coming on for hours whilst we're away from the van, which is of necessity some distance from our house.

image.jpg

Don't ask me why they are all like that :thumb your heating won't come on

Kev thanks very much for your prompt and reassuring response!

.... I'm not sure though what you mean by saying "they are all like that"? We haven't seen that icon before (but then we've never tried to programme the heating, being content just to turn it on and off as and when)

I don't think its related to the heating at all.

Not seen that clock icon on mine, we have never used the heating ltimer ? Is your heater set on a programe to come on timed

Meoncoast said:
Not seen that clock icon on mine, we have never used the heating ltimer ? Is your heater set on a programe to come on timed

If you have your display set to clock you will see it :thumb

I had that display on a 2011 cali that I hired. It doesn't do anything as far as I know and can be made to disappear by resetting the control panel to show "battery status" or some other usable thing such as "fission power remaining".

If you have a programme set for the auxiliary heating then that shows up as a clock symbol on the upper left side, where normally you would see the flame symbol suggesting either the heating is on or the pop up roof has caught fire,

Thanks all - I'm further reassured that the heating isn't going to come on of its own accord!

Ideally I'd like to just have the display as it was, maybe a kind expert will help me out with that at this year's Calis on the farm ☺

(The main thing is the heating is now back working and at zero expense ☺)

Cheers all

Ian

Hello,

To my opinion this has nothing to do with your heater. This is just the standard display mode for this display. If you want to change it, just press the menu button, go to display and choose any option that is not clock. You can choose clock, ambient temperature or battery status I think.
I hope this helps, please let us know.

Thats the alarm function to wake you up in the morning ...

Just another thank you to the forum....x 2

I swapped my faulty control panel yesterday (10 minute job after reading the how to in the download section) the main button had a mind of its own. Tried swapping the button but no joy.

Anyway took a risk with one of the second hand units on ebay (t5 alive) and it works fine.
It did come on with German as the default - but a quick search on the forum I found the hidden menu thread and changed the language to English. I'm glad to report all is fine now :thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb

It did come on with German as the default - but a quick search on the forum I found the hidden menu thread and changed the language to English. I'm glad to report all is fine now :thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb

Hi, I'm trying to find that "hidden menu" thread but can't find it - could you point me in the right direction?
Much appreciated

Yep press menu button in and the back button at the same time.

Just another thank you to the forum....x 2

I swapped my faulty control panel yesterday (10 minute job after reading the how to in the download section) the main button had a mind of its own. Tried swapping the button but no joy.

Anyway took a risk with one of the second hand units on ebay (t5 alive) and it works fine.
Couldn't find any for love or money when mine failed. Even with a 40% contribution from vw it still set me back £430

Sent from my Galaxy S6

There is a company in ? Belgium that can fix them at a reasonable cost. Search Forum.

Ours also went wrong just outside of warranty, I also only got 40% goodwill which is disgusting for a known fault. They would not even let me have the old unit back!

No same here. Wanted to keep it for the button or potential repair so I could keep in reserve for the next failure!

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Ours also went wrong just outside of warranty, I also only got 40% goodwill which is disgusting for a known fault. They would not even let me have the old unit back!
which known fault do you speak of?

Combination of two known faults, LCD screen and control knob failing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back