Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cooktop Safety Sensors

T

TimK

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi there,

I'm an owner of a T5 California and I'm looking for a specific part that I cannot find in the shops or online - I hope you might be able to help me.

The part in question is the safety heat sensor for the gas cooktop.
The precise reference is "7H7 068 119".
The problem is that VW changed this part (I think for the T6) and apparently they no longer make the T5 version.
Beware - the new part's reference is almoste the same: "7h7 068 119 A". The new part does not fit into the T5 cooktop!

Would anyone know where I could find these pieces? Or have any good contacts that might be able to help me? Has anyone had a similar problem?

Thanks very much in advance for any help - I'm desperate!

Best regards,

Hi there,

I'm an owner of a T5 California and I'm looking for a specific part that I cannot find in the shops or online - I hope you might be able to help me.

The part in question is the safety heat sensor for the gas cooktop.
The precise reference is "7H7 068 119".
The problem is that VW changed this part (I think for the T6) and apparently they no longer make the T5 version.
Beware - the new part's reference is almoste the same: "7h7 068 119 A". The new part does not fit into the T5 cooktop!

Would anyone know where I could find these pieces? Or have any good contacts that might be able to help me? Has anyone had a similar problem?

Thanks very much in advance for any help - I'm desperate!

Best regards,

A61EC3E8-18DD-4D76-90F5-167122D76A1F.png

Part 6. Covers 2008 to 2016

B54CA156-0498-4DCA-A521-2E1C7005CD2C.jpeg

Do you mean flame failure device ?
If so these can be bought for a few pounds, they are not VW specific. I think I paid a fiver inc postage a few years ago.

View attachment 46708

Part 6. Covers 2008 to 2016

View attachment 46709
Hi there,

Thanks very much for your reply, however the part you mention is the new T6 part "7h7 068 119 A " - note the 'A' at the end. My mechanic has already ordered this part only to find that it doesn't fit the T5 circa 2006 model.

Please see attached photos of different parts.

Best regards

7h7 068 119 - Older T5 Part from my van.JPG

7h7 068 119 A - New T6 Part that doesn't fit.JPG

Do you mean flame failure device ?
If so these can be bought for a few pounds, they are not VW specific. I think I paid a fiver inc postage a few years ago.
Sounds interesting! Would you have contact details? Does it correspond to the part in the photos in my other replies?

Thanks very much!

Good reminder. One of my burners on my slidepod is no longer staying lit, I need to get a new thermocouple for my smev burner.

Last edited:
The part is no longer available but the part number ending in A was fitted from 2008 onwards and is the same part for the 2020 T6 so i cant see why it wont fit. if it fits a 2008 why doesn't it fit a 2007?

Good reminder. One of my burners on my slidepod is no longer staying lit, I need to get a new thermocouple for my dometic burner.
Do you have the same as me? Westfalia fitout 2006? If so, I'd be very interested to find out how you manage to sort it out! Cheers

The part is no longer available but the part number ending in A was fitted from 2008 onwards and is the same part for the 2020 T6 so i cant see why it wont fit. if it fits a 2008 why doesn't it fit a 2007?
Doesn't fit the hole/emplacement...........

Do you have the same as me? Westfalia fitout 2006? If so, I'd be very interested to find out how you manage to sort it out! Cheers
I just checked and mine is a smev oops. I will let you know how I get on.

Mine is a 2006 and fitted with a Cramer gas hob.
Model - EK2000.
See here. 46722

What make cooker hob do you have ? And have you tried Westfalia for the parts?

Naff all to do with westfalia if its a 2006 Cali.
Well he said it had a Westfalia fitout so they could have spares or give some contact info as they might use the same parts in other vehicles, unless of course you know differently.

Well he said it had a Westfalia fitout so they could have spares or give some contact info as they might use the same parts in other vehicles, unless of course you know differently.
My post above must be invisible again.

This is the gas hob fitted. EK2000 from Cramer.
He had a ? after westfalia fitout 2006 which i took it as
he wasn't sure what fit out he has.
Well you can tell him, from me, it ain´t a westfalia fitout.
He's got a Cramer hob EK2000 also googling parts shows up
Dometic/Cramer.

This is my handbook that came with mine.

Mine is a 2006 and fitted with a Cramer gas hob.
Model - EK2000.
See here. View attachment 46722

Cheers!

To be honest, I assumed my cooker is Westfalia because it's an original California standard fitout. If it's a separate supplier then I might have better luck trying through them. Any idea how to tell??

Thanks for your help - I'll look it up.

Cheers

Back