Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Has anyone fitted the small additional under bench drawer?

S

Stu

Guest User
I was scanning through the parts catalogue looking for ideas and parts that may not be fitted to our Cali's and found an additional drawer that goes under the bench. I googled the Part Number and found some brief info on it -

cajon-t5_thumb3.jpg

Has anyone got it already??

Seems you need the draw 7E7 068 041 30T which is £108 and two sliding rails 7H7 067 470 which are £48 each so it's not a cheap solution.

Re: Has anyone fitted the small additional under bench drawe

Some further trawling reveals this drawer is part of an additional storage package with PR Codes QE5 or QE6.

There is also a storage net which from what I can establish is fixed somewhere inside the sliding cover for the roof and hangs down when the roof is raised to provide storage whilst using the bed, Part Number is 7H7 067 560, also not cheap at £106 plus 4 screws N911 282 01 at 30p each.

Interesting find stu :thumb

The German boys have identified the manufacturer of the sliding rails so it may be possible to source those more cheaply. I have found some places in the UK that appear to sell them -

http://www.handles4doors.co.uk/kitchen_ ... losing.htm

£32 a Pair and you need to two pairs to get two of the same side.

Possibly cheaper here but may be Ex VAT -

http://comptools.co.uk/store/hettich-qu ... bknqb3lgm3

This looks better -

http://www.lordsofnottinghill.co.uk/het ... 0mm-1.html

great little finds stu ....... :thumb :thumb :thumb

i like the look of the small extra under bench drawer :cool: :cool:

i think we may have to get a thread going with all these parts & accessories your finding with their part number etc stu ...... or it could be a new shop in the making "stu's cali shop " :thumb

:barmy

I think I'm going to give that drawer a go, I like the look of it.

Stu said:
I think I'm going to give that drawer a go, I like the look of it.

Let us know how you get on Stu - Looks like a worthwhile addition

All these extras I'm dying to get ... Need me Cali "now " .... Lol

I've just phoned TPS to get the latest prices -

Drawer - 7E7 068 041 30T £113.24 Retail £104.28 Trade
Slide Rails - 7H7 067 470 £50.68 Retail £46.63 Trade

The Net - 7H7 067 560 108.50 Retail £104.16 Trade

Not cheap ,but maybe a good edition to the storage:) ....
Tps ?

A slight development on the rails -

They are Hettich Quadro V6 450 Soft Close, Part Number 0 072 175

The best price I have managed to find is £18.28 / Pair (You need to 2 pairs to get 2 left side ones)

There is a Carriage Charge of £7.80 (Based on 2 pairs but should cover a few more I think)

£44.36 delivered for 2 pairs.

The company has them on the shelf for immediate delivery. If I ordered these would anyone else like some and I could bring them to Hollands Wood?

Stu - is it possible to join this without being a garage owner or mechanic of some sort? Looks like a useful thing to have an account with for all sorts of spare parts.

TPS is supposed to be trade only however I am not a garage owner myself but they did allow me to open an account. I also have an account with my local VW garage, again under the same terms.

With TPS it depends on the branch. Discounts aren't great on many parts and often a VW dealer will better it if you askbut where you do save is on more common and service items.

When I fitted my Bluetooth I broke the clip that holds the sun visor in place. I phoned them, they had it on the shelf and had delivered it to me before I'd got to the point of needing to refit it.

Did you just go to your local one and wangle an account then? I know other trade places (non-car related) often aren't that bothered.

I spoke to them shortly after they opened so they were looking to increase accounts. Funny really as it gives me a 60 day credit account with VW that I hadn't really expected. Works well though, I order, they deliver and then invoice me and I send the money by BACS to VW UK.

TPS are franchised in the same way as your local dealers and its very likely one of your major local dealers is the TPS franchise.

Thanks for the info Stu. I'll perhaps give it a go and see if they let me in!

Hi Stu

Did you manage to do this mod? If so was it any good?

Cheers Mark

Mark,

Been too busy lately but it's on the list of things to do.

Probably order it next week.

I checked the seat base and it appears the holes for screwing the runners to are already there.

Same here Stu very busy but having kitted out the Cali we are thinking about going ahead with this so I have emailed my local TPS to see if they will supply me the 2 rails sets and a drawer.

I gave them the part numbers that you quoted so hopefully they will give a positive response

I'll use the rails from this company I mentioned here -

Stu said:
A slight development on the rails -

They are Hettich Quadro V6 450 Soft Close, Part Number 0 072 175

The best price I have managed to find is £18.28 / Pair (You need to 2 pairs to get 2 left side ones)

There is a Carriage Charge of £7.80 (Based on 2 pairs but should cover a few more I think)

£44.36 delivered for 2 pairs.

The company has them on the shelf for immediate delivery. If I ordered these would anyone else like some and I could bring them to Hollands Wood?

My drawer has just been delivered by TPS, caught me a little unaware actually.

I'll have to get the runners ordered up and then if the weather is fine fit it towards the weekend.

Price on the invoice for the drawer is £107.66.

Thanks for all the info. I heading for the ekstra drawer as well! All storage in the Cali is welcome.

I made a post (link), regarding the PDF to be corrupted, but I thing I will get thru ;-)

Back