Corner weights?

sidepod

sidepod

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Morning chaps.

Odd one this. Does anyone have any idea of the weight of a Westy/Cali?

Approx figures will do.

We've just moved house and the barn where the bus will live is a neat two story affair, the upper level being a mezzanine supported on a framework of RSJ's.
I'd just like to know what the loading will be on the joists/wooden floor over the steel.

Could be a tad embarrassing if the bus popped through and ended up downstairs!

S.

The '98 users manual gives an unladen weight of 2110kg for the 2.4. Earlies may be a little lighter (no cat, ABS, not sure when airbags were introduced?) and I think mine is badged as a max 2580kg (note to self: diet).

Details in here: http://westfaliat4.info/VW-T4-Westfalia ... h-1998.pdf

My 2001 Generation pop top is listed as max weight 2800kg, with allowable payload of 564kg. Usually unladen weight includes a driver. Not sure how much "standard driver" weighs in VW design office, but say 75kg - looking at 2160kg.

By 'eck they're a portly bunch eh? Unladen weight of a T4 888 special is something like 1650kg... gross weight 2400kg.

I was just looking for my driving licence and found last year's MOT documents instead :headbang

Anyhow, they weighed my 2.4 as 1118kg on the front axel and 1000kg on the rear. That was half loaded with stuff, but no water, no idea how much fuel, but it's usually no less than 1/4 tank.

ps. anyone know where I put my licence?

Back