Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Couple of questions

TimR

TimR

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi, looking to order very soon. Does anyone know if VW have resolved the roof corrosion and steering knock issues on their new versions? Thanks again. Tim

Hi Tim. Vw have resolved the front panel corrosion and increased the warranty to 6 years
Not sure about the steering knock we don't hear too much about it on here so not a major one

I think the Body protection warranty is 12 yrs now for VW's but could be mistaken

No confirmation that the roof issue (corrosion) has been resolved. 2014 models confirmed to have this issues.

Not seen any 2014 models with the front panel issue.

It's my understanding that the front panel issue is more 'major' a new roof, canvas and front panel are supplied and fitted and the waiting list is LONG (only 4 repair centres).

The elevating roof issue is can be fixed by any VW authorised paint shop (via VW warranty), I'm not sure of the waiting times for these fixes? The fix seems to be to respray the roof and then glue the newly designed(?) rubber part. Looking at it cynically, the gluing of the rubber part could be to stop owners seeing any new corrosion, or perhaps the 'fix'.