Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cover for pop top

Elly Swanson

Elly Swanson

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Festival season starting for us in 2 weeks. Looks like it could be lousy weather so thinking of getting a cover for the poptop (not a complete over the roof as we have solar panels). We already have the Brandup iOS fix internally but want a wraparound to keep the canvas dry externally.

Looking for recomendations.

Festival season starting for us in 2 weeks. Looks like it could be lousy weather so thinking of getting a cover for the poptop (not a complete over the roof as we have solar panels). We already have the Brandup iOS fix internally but want a wraparound to keep the canvas dry externally.

Rainbow screens. Look out for 2nd ha d ones. They do crop up

We have a rainbow one for insulation rather than waterproofing. Nice but bulky. We just been away in some horrendous rain with zero issues so if your pop top is in good nick it shouldn’t really be an issue.

This particular version is available either from Campervantastic: https://+++++++++++++++++++++++/product/roof-window-insulation/vw-t6-1-t6-t5-california/california-camping-vw-t5-t6-california-ocean-se-topless-breathable-cap-mutze-with-three-windows-silver-2008-onwards/
Or direct from the manufacturer ( in Germany, but they do post out despite Brexit). We have tge standard version (with no gap for solar panel). It will flap in very strong winds (like we experienced recently on the North Coast of Scotland) but I'm in the process of buying an additional bungee to mitigate that.

Last edited:
We have a Comfortz wrap round rootless topper, great in driving rain and snow, helps keep the pop top much warmer, I'd recommend it for sure.

Does anyone have, or has tried, a Pucerscreen? If so what do you think?

Have a pucer screen, works brilliantly! Just used this week to keep canvas dry - helps with rain, wind and keeping the heat in. Easy to put on and fold away, they are very well designed in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rainbow screens, pricey but excellent quality.

Have a pucer screen, works brilliantly! Just used this week to keep canvas dry - helps with rain, wind and keeping the heat in. Easy to put on and fold away, they are very well designed in my opinion.

Does it seem very robust and hard wearing, CD? I am wondering because it seems to be made out of bubble wrap type material.

We have a comfortz roof topper cover.

I spoke with the campervanbits (aka club shop) and had them cut a hole in the top and insert a clear plastic window for the solar panels.

Just tested for the first time and works perfectly.

87B86D74-5A04-4367-8C71-761F7A82867C.jpeg
I can recommend the Pucer Screen.
Very good. Keeps out the cold, wind and rain.
Almost blackout too.

This has just popped up B looks ideal for you

Does it seem very robust and hard wearing, CD? I am wondering because it seems to be made out of bubble wrap type material.

Hi yes it’s tough material and rigid construction seems very hardwearing and all the stitching and seams are really secure. It’s been through some truly awful weather this week!

Hi yes it’s tough material and rigid construction seems very hardwearing and all the stitching and seams are really secure. It’s been through some truly awful weather this week!

You could make one out of foil bubble wrap. I believe there is a template on here somewhere :)

The pucer screen is very durable with top grade materials and finishing - personally I don’t think anything homemade would compare although this might be a reflection on my own skill level! Bear in mind for safety you need to avoid covering the vents completely so that air can still flow.

Another vote for the Pucer screeen here. It’s light weight, compact, keeps the van dry and toasty and I can easily put it on the van solo (and I’m a short female).