Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cruise Control speed increments

California Dreamin

California Dreamin

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Does anyone know if there are VCDS codes to change the increments by which you set cruise control speed? I.e. normal the up and down speed button goes up or down 5 mph. I would like 1 mph.

I just wish I had adaptive....

Does anyone know if there are VCDS codes to change the increments by which you set cruise control speed? I.e. normal the up and down speed button goes up or down 5 mph. I would like 1 mph.

On ACC with the MF Steering wheel pressing the RES button takes you up in 1mph steps - not sure whether that's the MF steering wheel or a function of ACC...

Are you sure about that? All cruise systems I have used across various makes incl the Cali were around 1 or 2 mph or kph or similar. 5 mph increments would be daft.

100% once you have presses set when doing say 63 mph if you then press + it goes to 65 then 70. Am I being a plonker and missing the obvious?

I was debating about going to dealer as mine seems to give one press and get 1mph change any more presses changes by 5mph. Also seem to end up with 55, 60, 65 etc after doing a resume speed.
have multifunction wheel.
Book says light press 1mph change, longer press for 5mph change.

Basically my T6 seems to be doing the same as californiadreamin. bloody annoying

On my T6 with MFSW, pressing -/+ does 5 MPH increments, whereas pressing SET/RES does 1 MPH increments..
Hmm.., OK! Our T5 only has two buttons: RES/+ and SET/- (and an OFF/ON switch, off course). That will explain the different behaviour.

Did anyone find a solution for the 5mph increments on the T6? I have tried the 'short press' of the button but it makes no difference whatsoever.

Did anyone find a solution for the 5mph increments on the T6? I have tried the 'short press' of the button but it makes no difference whatsoever.
The Resume and Set buttons do the +1 and -1 change once it's engaged. dual function buttons.
Note if cruise set to eg 72mph the - button drops to 70. and + button goes to 75.

Last edited:
The Resume and Set buttons do the +1 and -1 change once it's engaged.
if set to eg 72mph the - button drops to 70. and + button goes to 75.
Thanks @B J G, I'll have another play with the controls next time I'm out and about.

On my T6 with MFSW, pressing -/+ does 5 MPH increments, whereas pressing SET/RES does 1 MPH increments.

And the 5 MPH increments round up/down to the nearest 5 MPH first.
ours does this as well, also goes to the nearest 5 mph if doing 63 the plus/minus button takes it to 65.

On my 67 plate Cali a quick press + or - increments up or down by 5mph; holding + or - down steps up or down incrementally by 1mph so I can set any speed I like. I’m pretty sure this is standard on T6 models.
This was in an earlier post.

On my 67 plate Cali a quick press + or - increments up or down by 5mph; holding + or - down steps up or down incrementally by 1mph so I can set any speed I like. I’m pretty sure this is standard on T6 models.

I adjust +/- 1 by using the SET/RES buttons, but this needs to be done immediately after using the +/- 5 button or when travelling at the set speed.

It sounds like there are at least two ways to adjust +/- 1, and that most of us just use one method.

Didn't work that way on my T6. + & - just goes to nearest 5 increment.

Even if it did work, why would you bother when set/res is quicker

Back