Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

CTEK 12v cigarette lighter charging option

S

Saff

Good afternoon everyone. I appreciate a few threads have discussed this but can I ask a simple question please.
If I decide to use my 5Amp CTEK engine battery charger via the relevant cigarette lighter socket (I have the CTEK adapter), would that cause a risk to my electrics generally. I read a few points about the shunt and some systems being energised but cannot really get a conclusive understanding regarding the safety of this option.
Many thanks in advance.

Good afternoon everyone. I appreciate a few threads have discussed this but can I ask a simple question please.
If I decide to use my 5Amp CTEK engine battery charger via the relevant cigarette lighter socket (I have the CTEK adapter), would that cause a risk to my electrics generally. I read a few points about the shunt and some systems being energised but cannot really get a conclusive understanding regarding the safety of this option.
Many thanks in advance
Not sure what van you have as not in profile, but the manual for a 6.1 tells you not to use any of the 12v circuit to put power in. I’m sure people do, esp for solar, but buyer beware…

Last edited:
Not sure what van you have as not in profile, but the manual for a 6.1 tells you not to use any of the 12v circuit to put power in. I’m sure people do, esp for solar, but buyer beware…
Sorry, yes should have said 2015 T5.1 SE.

Thank you for the reply and guidance.

Sorry, yes should have said 2015 T5.1 SE.

Thank you for the reply and guidance.
Sure to be some T5 owners here who use a charger socket for power in Who can tell you it’s likely fine…

Back