Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cupboard door replacement - Roller shutters...

bxl_lad

bxl_lad

Its not easy being green...
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
I'm sure I'm not the only one here who gets a little frustrated with the main kitchen cupboard doors... You've got the table out, the seats all facing inwards and you're trying to get something out of the cupboard or the cutlery draw and have to fully open the door to be able to get in... Space is already at a premium...

Has anyone either done or considered doing, replacing these doors with roller-doors (tambour)?
They'd need to roll up and over i guess for minimum affect on the space in the cupboards and obviously there will be some limiting factors (the sink trap, gas tap...) to work.
Seems there are plenty of companies out there making bespoke cupboards and so I don't think it will be an issue to source the necessary components.

So, just wondering if anyone ever made such changes?
(and as I'm the first to want to keep the van as original as possible, i'd be wanting to keep this as in-keeping with the original scheme as possible and also reversible where possible)

:thumb:D

I don't think you could make it work for the lefthand cupboard, as you mentioned the gas tap & waste water taps need access which a roller door would obstruct.

My biggest problem is stuff moving in one cupboard that then stops the other door opening.

Other option would be of course to make the doors bi-fold in some way...

I considered removing the hinges and making the whole door removable on magnets (one in each corner).

Alcohol may have been involved.