Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cupboard Doors

H

Helen Baron

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Has anyone else had problems with their cupboard doors i.e., the grey concertina sliding doors? There are two in the California Ocean; the gas bottle cupboard and the wardrobe. The vertical plastic grey strips are stuck together at the back with a flimsy piece of tape. Needless to say, the tape doesn't stay stuck for very long and the doors become difficult to open and close. Any ideas how to solve this?

Has anyone else had problems with their cupboard doors i.e., the grey concertina sliding doors? There are two in the California Ocean; the gas bottle cupboard and the wardrobe. The vertical plastic grey strips are stuck together at the back with a flimsy piece of tape. Needless to say, the tape doesn't stay stuck for very long and the doors become difficult to open and close. Any ideas how to solve this?
Silicon spray in the runners helps, but I think it’s a poor design. Get a small (miniature) spray can from screwfix and keep it in the van.

I recently had the Gas Cupboard Tambour Door replaced. The work was done under warranty. I agree the design could/should be better.

Back