Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cutlery tray in draw

Mowbotman

Mowbotman

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi
Does anyone else have a problem of getting normal size knife and forks in the standard tray in draw, we have 3 sets and not one goes in !!!

ThomasHJ

ThomasHJ

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Nope. But the tray is small. Just checked, our knives fit (but just) and our forks have about a cm room to spare. If you google ''average length cuttlery' you can compare yours to average sizes. Sure your tray is the standard one?

Mowbotman

Mowbotman

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
No i don’t know i suppose ! What does a standard one look like ?

ThomasHJ

ThomasHJ

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Always figured ours is original, but wasn't sure because we bought our van second hand. Just took a photo for you though and found the original VW-sticker on the bottom. Might be useful for reference. But there are also several alternatives you can buy. See photo's below.

Photo of ours:
lade_t5.jpg

I believe the club shop sells this one. It might give you just a tad more room, sinc ethe slots are diagonal.
UB100850001-Besteklade-inzet-1-768x768.jpg

product_v_w_vw-t5-t5-1-t6-california-parts-cutlery-canteen-organiser-van-x-lhd-kitchen_7_.jpg

Seems like the original as well. (This photo is from the internet).

K

KernowMaid

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
I removed the original and now use a small plastic tray for cutlery and then have the rest of the space for wooden spoon, spatula, chef knives etc. I can now fit way more in there. It initially niggled me that I didn't have a beautifully laid out drawer with items in separate slots but I quickly got over myself :)

Trudi

Trudi

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Oh yes glad it's not just me.

Bought some new cutlery from dunelm and they are all too long for the cutlery draw. Ended up using my old set from home that was considerably more expensive. But they fit perfectly.

Mowbotman

Mowbotman

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
What are the measurements of the ones that fit please

Trudi

Trudi

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
1st 2 pictures are the ones that fit. Pictures 3 and 4 are the dunelm set that are too big

20211003_171940.jpg

20211003_171944.jpg

20211003_172033.jpg

20211003_172036.jpg

Karlos

Karlos

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Never had a problem with the cutlery tray and used an Ikea box lid as another pull out work surface (sorry can't remember which one but plenty of info on here)

Auberg-ine

Auberg-ine

Is it an office? Is it a lounge? Is it a camper?
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Never had a problem with the cutlery tray and used an Ikea box lid as another pull out work surface (sorry can't remember which one but plenty of info on here)
It's the lid of the Ikea Kuggis box