Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cutting windows in Pucer screen?

D

Derrick

We have had a Pucer screen for years and love it. The only thing we don't like is when it is hot there is no real way of getting a breeze/fresh air up top. I am thinking of cutting flaps (which can be lifted open, or lowered shut) where the canvas windows are.
I am nervous about getting it wrong, has anyone done this before or got any thoughts on this?
Thanks

We have had a Pucer screen for years and love it. The only thing we don't like is when it is hot there is no real way of getting a breeze/fresh air up top. I am thinking of cutting flaps (which can be lifted open, or lowered shut) where the canvas windows are.
I am nervous about getting it wrong, has anyone done this before or got any thoughts on this?
Thanks
Not done it but you could :
Roof up. Pucer On.
Open windows in canvas. Mark opening on Pucer.
Remove Pucer and cut out window leaving top or bottom un cut.
I would suggest leaving top uncut and use velcro to secure bottom.

Hi WelshGas, thanks for your reply - I was planning to cut bottom and sides as you suggest and seal edges, with a slight overlap, with gaffer tape and use stick on velcro to fix up or down.

Sell the Pucer and fit an internal ISOTOP. This will solve your ventilation issues. You will find it a cooler in the summer / warmer in the winter; Also has zipped windows if you need more airflow. + No need to faff around fitting it when it’s raining / windy.

Back