Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

know of drive away screen house tent with vehicle channel?

Canary Bird

Canary Bird

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hello! I have read quite a few threads, but can't find a drive away screen house tent (no bottom, but big 3 sided screen windows with fold down covers/curtains for rain/sun) that has channel to side door and uses poles (not inflatable). It would be like the screen house tent in the photo below, but with channel to vehicle

Any one know of a tent like this? it would be for hot weather camping with mosquitos, with cover/curtains to knock out hot sun or occasional rain.

Thanks for you help?

Screen Shot 2015-09-13 at 10.12.48 AM.png

Have you checked out the brandrup awning , not the roll-out awning but the one with the poles and a canvas .
Think it is called "Top -sail" or so , in the Brandrup cataloge
http://www.brandrup.de/en/

The picture you have attached is a Kyham product. Use that in your serach.

I'm never clear why everyone wants to actually attach their tent / shelter to the van. It is a LOAD of hassle. Just buy the one you've posted, and drive alongside it !

Thanks for all your help.

I have the one panel side from Brandup right now and it is great for sun & rain that comes from one direction.

I have a family that hates getting eaten by mosquitos, so having it attach to the van can help keep the bugs out. Drive away is nice when we want to leave something at a site and not lose our spot or have the odds & ends left in it for a quick set up after a day out.

Back