Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Czech nudists reprimanded by police for not

Calls to mind a famous story of Oxford dons sunbathing nude on the banks of the Cherwell. A punt full of female students drifted past, and all but one of the dons grabbed towels to cover their groins. Maurice Bowra the classicist instead put his towel over his head. When asked why he replied: "Well I don't know about you gentlemen, but in Oxford I am known by my face".

Meanwhile, in France:
As of 11 April 2011, it is illegal to wear a face-covering veil or other masks in public spaces. Veils, scarves and other headwear that do not cover the face are unaffected by this law. The law imposes a fine of up to €150, and/or participation in citizenship education, for those who violate the law. The bill also penalises, with a fine of €30,000 and one year in prison, anyone who forces (by violence, threats, or abuse of power) another to wear face coverings; these penalties may be doubled if the victim is under the age of 18.

No wonder France is now #1 in Europe for both new confirmed Covid-19 infections and Covid-19 related deaths.

Back