Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Damage to inside boot vinyl

FoodieLoobie

FoodieLoobie

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Whilst putting something large and heavy into the boot the side vinyl has been damaged. Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions as to how to mend or make better? I’m concerned that now there is some damage it could easily be caught and made worse. I can envisage a great bit rip. ☹️.C1009863-6D73-482F-A054-04D0F7AB0427.jpeg

In the first instance, I would ask one or more of those mobile body repair outfits for their opinion and quote. It's amazing what can be invisibly repaired these days. I believe that they often do minor repairs, both inside and out for dealers.

Failing that it's a new or second hand trim panel. I believe that there is a company in the West Country that breaks Calis and does conversions. Kernow Campers rings a bell but I'm sure others on the forum will know for sure and give the full information about said company. Might be worth contacting them as they may have a better second hand panel.

Stick a Brandrup pocket over it. Cheapish and easy.

If you just want to prevent further damage rather than return it to showroom condition I would recommend this stuff.
I used it to repair a vinyl seat cover and very impressed with how it’s holding up after a couple of years daily use on the drivers seat. It’s an obvious patch rather than invisible repair but depends how fussy you are.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08512JRYC/?tag=eliteelect-21

Back