Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Damaged wind out awning help - what part needed?

slidingaround

slidingaround

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi,

I had a shocker at the weekend and left my awning out in the bad weather and these brackets snapped. (Unlike me to leave it out but a few too many beers were had. :)

The awning is factory fitted on a 67plate Cali Ocean. Can anyone point me in the right direction of where I can get the right replacement brackets please?

Thanks.

Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 14.06.09.png

Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 14.06.15.png

Last edited:
Ouch,

looks like the whole arm you need to replace

IMG_0029.png

IMG_0030.png

Just had a look on the shop site, wondering if this is the part?

Just had a look on the shop site, wondering if this is the part?

I think you will find that parts 15 & 16 are the slider clamps onto the front awning case. Not the alloy cast joint that fits into the end of the arm that is probably a push fit and impossible to remove. I could be wrong so you need to check carefully.

IMG_2178.jpeg

Contact Thule to confirm, but looking at that parts diagram you are looking at complete arm assemblies unfortunately. That said the diagram is specific to the VW awning but Thule may use the same parts on other models, which may have a different spares schedule. Contact Thule.

I got this 2023 parts list from Thule when I enquired about my awning canopy. Not sure if it’s much different to the one above apart from the prices.2F3D3C60-6BEC-42CC-B94A-7F699F506BA4.jpeg

I think you will find that parts 15 & 16 are the slider clamps onto the front awning case. Not the alloy cast joint that fits into the end of the arm that is probably a push fit and impossible to remove. I could be wrong so you need to check carefully.

View attachment 112706
Looks like you are right after talking to a few online stores.

Contact Thule to confirm, but looking at that parts diagram you are looking at complete arm assemblies unfortunately. That said the diagram is specific to the VW awning but Thule may use the same parts on other models, which may have a different spares schedule. Contact Thule.
Yeah, not a bad idea, maybe they will sell separately if i go direct.

If you’re in Poole call this chap, he will be able. To help you I’m sure

Thanks, I just popped in to seem him, real helpful guy be he also said that I need to buy the whole arm.

Now my options are to buy two arms (when I only need the brackets) which comes to over £400 or find someone that can weld this back together or find someone that can make me a new bracket.

Try to find the arms at a salvage yard. Several VW California specific ones. Thank you to Perfectos for compiling this list. Worth a try.

This should be your first call

Thanks, I just popped in to seem him, real helpful guy be he also said that I need to buy the whole arm.

Now my options are to buy two arms (when I only need the brackets) which comes to over £400 or find someone that can weld this back together or find someone that can make me a new bracket.
You would be better off buying a new awning for that figure & selling the old one in parts, there's always people needing new material if the fabric has split, the end caps get broken , the drop down legs etc etc.
Or the other way round keep an eye out for someone selling a complete awning with ripped material......

Having broke my awning 3 weeks ago at a cost of £170, I would say buy the arms and get it fixed.

You will have forgotten in a few weeks. The key to a happy life is good health and a bad memory.

But then I’m just giddy with excitement having removed a unicorn stuck under our drawer for 5 years and oddly fixed the sticky rear seatbelt in one go. Back to the coffee and croissants.
72735F3C-ADCB-4966-9BA6-296CC2207788.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah, not a bad idea, maybe they will sell separately if i go direct.
Just checking,

I thought the brackets on the casing end were available as separate items, but this might have changed - this site is saying not available - just used this site as it has a picture

1691574744894.png

I thought the brackets on the casing end were available as separate items, but this might have changed - this site is saying not available - just used this site as it has a picture

View attachment 112732

Yes I just found these on another site but its in Italy. Need this by Tuesday, so not ideal.

That could be worth a look, looks like a different product code but it looks the same as the one on the 5102
There are subtle differences and its a friction fit so I would go with an original part for the 5102 unless Thule say otherwise. Have you contacted Thule UK (800) 238-2388

There are subtle differences and its a friction fit so I would go with an original part for the 5102 unless Thule say otherwise. Have you contacted Thule UK (800) 238-2388
I think part of the confusion is that there are two different parts listed against item 16 on the diagram

The top one is a pair of brackets for the rail, the lower part number is for a pair of the arm end brackets

1691578073275.png

So 16 is pointing to the combined joint, but you can buy both elements

1691578210783.png

I would call Rose Awnings and just ask if they can order it, they list only the upper part number, but that might just be an oversight and they haven't spotted this

Last edited:
Back