Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Damaged wind out awning help - what part needed?

There are subtle differences and its a friction fit so I would go with an original part for the 5102 unless Thule say otherwise. Have you contacted Thule UK (800) 238-2388
No, I can't find a UK number, that one doesn't seem to work.

No, I can't find a UK number, that one doesn't seem to work.
My bad that is probably the toll free number in the US. Try this one: 01275 340404
Seems they are based in Clevedon Somerset.

My bad that is probably the toll free number in the US. Try this one: 01275 340404
Seems they are based in Clevedon Somerset.

Thanks for that, just tried it but it looks like it's not a working number now.

Thanks for that, just tried it but it looks like it's not a working number now.
Makes sense. The location is permanently closed according to Google maps

When my wind in gearing broke I contacted Thule directly
in Belgium on a Friday afternoon and they sent me a new one
free of charge, received it on Wednesday.
Try Thule HQ, just dont mention the beer.

When my wind in gearing broke I contacted Thule directly
in Belgium on a Friday afternoon and they sent me a new one
free of charge, received it on Wednesday.
Try Thule HQ, just dont mention the beer.
I tried emailing this morning and still have no response. How did you contact them?

You can get outer brackets with the 2 long bolts for the proximal end of the arm as they are made for another Thule awning and I discovered that they fit. You can’t get the inner bracket or the one for the distal end of the arm. We had a similar issue and even after replacing several parts and one of the expensive VW mounting brackets, it still sags down on one side as you unwind it. I think the front rail or the rear casing must be twisted. Hillview awnings also in Poole supplied the parts.

B8AE2FBD-B890-47E7-8A75-A1DB3FCFCC8C.jpeg

@slidingaround there's a complete second hand awning just come up on ebay, £350 starting bid - may be worth getting in contact if its not too late. Just search for "Vw California awning"

You can get outer brackets with the 2 long bolts for the proximal end of the arm as they are made for another Thule awning and I discovered that they fit. You can’t get the inner bracket or the one for the distal end of the arm. We had a similar issue and even after replacing several parts and one of the expensive VW mounting brackets, it still sags down on one side as you unwind it. I think the front rail or the rear casing must be twisted. Hillview awnings also in Poole supplied the parts.

View attachment 112781
Thanks, will try them also.

Back