Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dashboards air vent source

Ladymuck

Ladymuck

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Morning, does anyone know where the above pull air from ? There's a smell of rotten fruit in my van and despite scouring the whole van I can't find the source, so want to look to see if something hasn't got stuck

Morning, does anyone know where the above pull air from ? There's a smell of rotten fruit in my van and despite scouring the whole van I can't find the source, so want to look to see if something hasn't got stuck
Air inlet in scuttle between bonnet and windscreen.
Could be contaminated Pollen filter.
You could try an AirCon steriliser/freshener.

Thanks, I'm wondering if a crab apple has got stuck in there, given the time of year

Thanks, I'm wondering if a crab apple has got stuck in there, given the time of year
Would have to get into that area as there is a grill.
Do you use the AirCon a lot?
If not I would suggest trying an AirCon steriliser and if that doesn’t work, change the Pollen filter if that hasn’t been done in the last 2 yrs.

Recently had a clear out of the muck that accumulates in the void in front of the windscreen, (also where the roof drains discharge).
There's a plate behind the battery that can be removed (once the hidden screw is removed) to give access to the "compost" that collects there.
The photo attached shows the view of the air intake (and the outlet for the roof drain) once the access cover is off. I drilled a hole in the plastic cover to allow easier removal of the access plate as it needs a regular clearout!

IMG_5642.JPG

IMG_5645.JPG

Back