Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Date of registration

In a few years the difference will be negligible, mileage will be more important.

Stick the £600 in a high interest account & see how much it's worth when you sell the van.

In a few years the difference will be negligible, mileage will be more important.

Stick the £600 in a high interest account & see how much it's worth when you sell the van.
Mileage and condition will obviously be more important but 2 identical vans with identical specs and mileage, the newer reg will always be worth more!

Mileage and condition will obviously be more important but 2 identical vans with identical specs and mileage, the newer reg will always be worth more!
I don’t think anyone is saying it’s not.

Hi,

Can I seek views on whether there is an advantage to holding off my date of first registration? This is my first Cali and I have no intention to sell the vehicle in the next few years but am curious as to the potential advantages of holding off registration in my particular case.

Having ordered in March, I have just been told out of the blue that my new vehicle is built and sitting at the port for shipping. It should be available to pick up very late Jan or first few days of Feb. I don't have any trips planned for February so delaying pick up is not a problem from that perspective.

Would there be an advantage to waiting one month until the new plates come out? This is my first Cali and I assume subsequent resale value is based on condition, mileage, options etc. Is the registration plate as significant in future Cali valuation as it is with a car? Whilst it is somewhat irrelevant as who knows what will happen in the next few years, I am curious. Any views?
Probably missed it elsewhere but what was the outcome of this?!

Depends where the van / buyer is located. I would pay a premium for something closer to home, as easier to view etc.

Back