Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dead Battery Lockout

laurentfox

laurentfox

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi,
Just wondering, if your battery dies on the Cali, how do you unlock the car since the electronic key doesn't work? Thanks Laurent

use the key, :?:

HY09UMU said:
use the key, :?:
Andy, Guess I should clarify. I disconnected the battery for a couple months storage however I couldn't get the hatch or sliding door to close all the way with the power off. So I shut them all again with power on and then did the lockout feature. Was just concerned that I would still have access without power which I did. Thanks for your input though. Laurent

The last car I a flat battery on ( was a balingo) when I tried to open it with key button it was dead so I opened with key the car would not start as battery flat put at least I could get in.

My facelift 2010 California's battery died 3 weeks ago. Luckily my warranty expires next week so it was replaced under warranby the RAC breakdown cover that came with the van. I entered van by drivers door using the key for about the second time ever. It felt very odd opening the vehicle without using the fob.

Are you not supposed to use the remote control to send a digital message to the onboard electronics?

Stand back, short and long clicks, as follows...

.- . -
.. -.

Ok, ok, I will go and sit on the naughty step :D

GrannyJen said:
Are you not supposed to use the remote control to send a digital message to the onboard electronics?

.- . -
.. -.

lol.

Electrics don't work when main battery is dead !

GrannyJen said:

.- . -
.. -.

Wow, GrannyJen, well done, you are talented there! I think I will go try it just for grins. Did you get the L correct, I only got Aet Me In?

:D

I probably got the L wrong. Until Apple mend my laptop I am having to use my I Pad which for this sort of stuff drives me nuts.

Locked out?

What hath God wrought? :D

GrannyJen said:
:D

I probably got the L wrong. Until Apple mend my laptop I am having to use my I Pad which for this sort of stuff drives me nuts.

Locked out?

What hath God wrought? :D

Well, great effort all the same. And no, not lockedout, was just trying to figure locking it without electricity, ie the sliding door wouldn't close all the way without electric so I had to re-attach the battery, electrically lock all the doors then manually I could open the driver door. All good now. Cheers

Back