Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dead passenger[s] window on a 61 plate[/s]

G

gatvol

The passenger's electric window is dead. Drivers side is ok

My car did not come with a list of what the fuses do, how crap is that ? Just some jibberish about the vehicle being under constant development so vw were unable to provide a list of what the fuse numbers relate to

Maybe it is bad luck, but to me this is pretty poor and makes me concerned about build quality if an electric window breaks in a vehicle with less than 2000 miles old

Does anyone know which fuse covers the passenger window please ? I am always reluctant to give any vehicle to any dealer as they usually come back worse than they went in, with collateral damage both seen and unseen

Thank you

Re: Dead passenger window on a 61 plate

Your VW Van Centre will print out the config for your Cali on request.
I don't know whether they charge.
They certainly shouldn't.

Whatever, you need to take it back to them to find the fault even if it's a fuse, I reckon.

Good luck

Re: Dead passenger window on a 61 plate

You could always take every fuse out in turn & check them till you find a dead one, or not.

My understanding is that although the format of the fuse boxes change, the order that the fuses are placed in does not change. As such it is a matter of counting off the fuses to find the one you want!

PM me your chassis number and I will look for you. There are about four different fuse locations on a Cali

cheers

Hello. I took it vw vans Newark who are not Cali dealers - but they bring a guy over from Sheffield to demo calis when people show an interest in them

The people the are really nice and leant us a caravelle with a great spec

The electric window motor was replaced and I picked up the car the following day after dropping it off.

Typically though the door card had not been put back properly. One lug was simply not snapped in properly, another was damaged. I spotted and the technician immediately removed and reinstalled the door card with a replacement for the broken lug. I watched the process so I know what to do next time.

I just get used to this sort of experience so I no longer get annoyed by it as I get the same issue at every garage I go to with every car across merc, Audi, Volvo, range rover. It used to be better in the 1990s in terms of service levels though middlehurst Nissan at st Helen's never disappointed me making them unique from 2000 onwards.

Thanks for suggestions

Back