Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dead passenger - electric window

G

gatvol

This failed on my 61 plate. The driver's side is ok. It also failed at 6 months old and was fixed under warranty.

It is out of warranty now. Is there a specific fuse that covers this please ? Is there a cost effective way of fixing the problem if it is more than a fuse ?

Thank you for any suggestions

There are Downloads in the VIP download section that may assist, although VW are not totally consistent in their fuse layout.
Causes 1. Fuse, probably to be found in Central Dashboard fuse holder.
2. Broken wire in rubber conduit between door frame and door.

Have you tried opening / closing the windows by holding the remote locking / unlocking buttons down? It won't fix it but may indicate if the fault is with the switching circuit or the power / motor circuit.

Great suggestion thanks motacyclist. I lowered and raised the troublesome window using the remote

The damned thing then worked using the switches inside the van

I now have the worst of all faults, an intermittent one !!!

Great suggestion thanks motacyclist. I lowered and raised the troublesome window using the remote

The damned thing then worked using the switches inside the van

I now have the worst of all faults, an intermittent one !!!
Oh well that happens now and again lol

On the SE 2015 and possibly earlier models both Passenger and Driver side windows are on the same fuse.

The window motors have a thermal trip. If they are experiencing any type of strain eg something sticky or trapped or just a dodgy motor, the motor will trip and will need to cool down before it will work again. This could possibly take leaving it overnight. The door is well insulated so cooling takes some time.

the dead passenger must be a bit smelly after this hot, he/she needs removing before you have an infestation of ?????????

john

Sometimes the window circuits throw a wobbler, especially if the battery has been disconnected.
Our one touch open/close packed and needed resetting by holding the button for a few seconds after opening/closing.

:) clearly the passenger was killed bythe electric window

Thats what happens when you reverse itoo quickly nto a narrow garage opening and you forget to tell the passenger who is looking behind for you.... "you can get your head back in now... before you hit it on the ...... oh!! Too late"

This is why I love this forum. Yesterday the wife came in and said passenger side window isn’t working. She’d been collecting manure and was trying or get rid of the quite frankly disgusting stench in the van :Depressed
Tested it and nothing, not even a click when trying to operate the passenger window. A quick google search brought me straight to this thread, nipped out and with a couple of clicks with the remote it’s working again.Having opened the windows with the remote and closed again the window now operates again using the internal switches. Thanks for this top tip :)

Back