Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dealer canvassing

B

BeeBee

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Has anyone else had recent canvassing from dealerships to ‘Trade up’ to a newer van.
Second time in as many months we’ve been contacted asking if we’re interested in a newer van !
Ours is only 4 years old , Ocean 150 and recently MOT’d and Cam /water pumped ( grrr as it’s not a mandatory now !!!! )
Is this a sign that the market is slowing down or are they just dead keen on our wee BB …. lol
Interested to know if others have had approaches ?

Has anyone else had recent canvassing from dealerships to ‘Trade up’ to a newer van.
Second time in as many months we’ve been contacted asking if we’re interested in a newer van !
Ours is only 4 years old , Ocean 150 and recently MOT’d and Cam /water pumped ( grrr as it’s not a mandatory now !!!! )
Is this a sign that the market is slowing down or are they just dead keen on our wee BB …. lol
Yes, I was approached a month or so ago.

Yes, I was approached a month or so ago.
Did they offer to give you a quote on your van too.
I declined as thought ‘what’s the point we’re not interested anyway…. maybe I should have said ‘“ och well what’s it worth”

I'd say the exact opposite - wanting to mop up second hand vans that they can use the margin on a new one to get a nice trade in deal for themselves which they can then sell for a profit shows to me the market remains strong - especially for second hand models.

Few dealers make much on new vans/cars - they make the money on shifting tin and bonuses and second hand forecourt sales.

General VW Commercial email which had a 'Try before you buy' on California.

Did they offer to give you a quote on your van too.
I declined as thought ‘what’s the point we’re not interested anyway…. maybe I should have said ‘“ och well what’s it worth”
No, I didn’t follow it up with them @BeeBee as I have no intention of selling at the moment.
I do, just out of interest, keep tabs on the value of my Cali though. It’s approaching 3 years old and last week Motorway offered me £3k short of what I paid for it in November 2020. I’m very happy with that valuation. A private sale should add a few more thousand.
Obviously the Motorway quote doesn’t take into account all the after market stuff I’ve added, which might bump the value a bit higher for the right buyer I.e. 200w solar, kitchen drawers, rear slide out tray, cupboard shelves, front/rear dashcams, lowering springs, spoiler, seat covers, awning room, etc, etc.