treecity

treecity

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi guys,

We're close to taking the plunge on a new California SE

With extras it is coming out, without any discount at : £56,278 OTR

The dealer has told us they only have 5% in the SE and they have offered us 4%, bringing it in at £54,400

I used to sell cars back in the 1990's and we had around 15-17% to play with.

My question is, does anyone know if the dealer is really getting as low as 5% to play with, as we were hoping to bring the SE in at £50k with our spec

Having searched the forum I've seen people mentioning 8,9 and even 10% and wondered if that was realistic?

Thanks!

Try drive the deal. And the search function on the forum.

They are pulling your plunger, there is more margin than they are letting on although there is not as much as you used to sell cars with unless the dealer starts to give away all his backend money as well as the front end.

I was messing around with drive the deal on sunday night, it was quoting 48kish for a £55kish spec (180 dsg + some other bits)

not ready to take the plunge yet unfortunately!

I was told something similar by my local dealer that all that they had in a Beach was 7%. The guys at SMG offered me 5% without any haggling but Manchester Van centre was close to10% and that was the best that drive the deal could offer.

So you should be able to get close to 10% but it's finding the right dealer at the right time. Some dealers didn't even return calls despite leaving several messages.

I will be ordering in Oct for a spring delivery but I will be offering the local dealers the option to match drive the deal, if they don't want the business then drive the deal it I is.

Thanks guys.

Drive the deal came in at just under £50,500 so I will try and squeeze some more out of my local dealer. ;)