Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dealer Recommendation - East Anglia

GollyOlly

GollyOlly

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi, I need the help from the wise forum on the rear bench seat. Mine is unbearable to move and I could use the help of a good dealer experienced with California Oceans. I'd take it to Breeze but I live in East Anglia. If anyone knows a good, reputable VW dealer with experience with the California Ocean, could you please recommend one? I'd prefer East Anglia but willing to drive some distance. If no one is near, I may take it to Breeze. Thanks ahead of time for the help.

Sorry I don’t know of dealers in your area. But I’ve experienced a stiff movement on the bench seat. First time it occurred (a few months old) I found a shopping bag had slipped out of the drawer and jammed in to the slider. Second time (summer this year) there as nothing trapped, so I dampened a cloth with Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Conditioner and rubbed this along the slider channels, and a little spray of PTFE WD40 in the channels. The seat flew back after this. Ps. Don’t spray the Vinyl and Rubber stuff across the floor as it’ll make it super slippy - found out to my cost !

Not exactly your area, but try Citygate St Albans. They have been very professional with some issues on my 6.1.

Used to be Robinsons + Norwich but taken over by Group 1 now. Also in Peterborough & Colchester.

Can be pricey as (P'boro, Branch) said £135 just to look at the problem that I had even though it was a broken part that just needed replacing.

Used to be Robinsons + Norwich but taken over by Group 1 now. Also in Peterborough & Colchester.

Can be pricey as (P'boro, Branch) said £135 just to look at the problem that I had even though it was a broken part that just needed replacing.
Thank you for that. I’d had a reply from them regarding a part (separate issue) that I’d found elsewhere, but I wasn’t sure of their reputation regarding Calis. Thanks, I’ll give them a call in the new year. Also have a window blind issue.

Last edited:
Sorry I don’t know of dealers in your area. But I’ve experienced a stiff movement on the bench seat. First time it occurred (a few months old) I found a shopping bag had slipped out of the drawer and jammed in to the slider. Second time (summer this year) there as nothing trapped, so I dampened a cloth with Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Conditioner and rubbed this along the slider channels, and a little spray of PTFE WD40 in the channels. The seat flew back after this. Ps. Don’t spray the Vinyl and Rubber stuff across the floor as it’ll make it super slippy - found out to my cost !
Thanks for your reply. I’ve taken the seat apart to inspect the whole mechanism and it shouldn’t really require lube. The wheels ride on top of the rail guides, not inside the channel. I couldn’t see any guide bar that rides inside the channel; however, I could see the entire channel on both sides had no debris blocking movement.

Well, I need to bow to the wisdom of the forum. I had to pick up a spare part at the VW dealer and asked for their advice regarding the stiff bench seat. The dealer recommended spraying the rails with clear silicone spray and WD-40 in the rails. As I was reluctant to pay the £135 fee to have a dealer look at the problem, I purchased the silicone spray. To make a long story short, it worked and now I'm flying down the rails! Thanks to all who provided input, suggestions and advice. You saved me a lot of money.

Last edited:
Back