Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Deleting old locations?

N

Neil Lucas

VIP Member
I have a 2016 T6 California Ocean which I was lucky enough to buy just over a few weeks ago. I'm really enjoying sitting down and going through all the features and playing with all the different options. But I can't seem to find away of deleting the old sat-nav locations stored by the previous owner. I'm sure I must be missing something but I've looked through the navigation manual a few times now without much luck!
I'm sure the information is out there somewhere if anybody has the answer for me.

Many Thanks in advance.
Neil.

I have a 2016 T6 California Ocean which I was lucky enough to buy just over a few weeks ago. I'm really enjoying sitting down and going through all the features and playing with all the different options. But I can't seem to find away of deleting the old sat-nav locations stored by the previous owner. I'm sure I must be missing something but I've looked through the navigation manual a few times now without much luck!
I'm sure the information is out there somewhere if anybody has the answer for me.

Many Thanks in advance.
Neil.
Factory reset Option? May possibly clear them all.

Many Thanks in advance.
Neil.
This might help

Anyway on my Discover satnav:
On Nav screen - Select bottom row proximity icons "My Dests"
Select "Destinations"
Top right drop down select "Dest.mem."
Select">" to right of destination
up a surprise birthday present or such like - ah of course....!
Anyway on my Discover satnav:
On Nav screen - Select bottom row proximity icons "My Dests"
Select "Destinations"
Top right drop down select "Dest.mem."
Select">" to right of destination required
Select "Edit" and finally "Delete"

For some reason this does not work with"Last Dests"
To delete everything in destinations you would have to reset all the data:

Go to hard buttons on radio fascia.
Press "Menu"
Select touchscreen "Setup" rhs icon.
You are in "System settings"
Scroll down and select "Factory settings"
Scroll down and select "Navigation"
Seems a bit odd but that's it.

Thank you for your help.
I don't seem to have the 'edit' option even in Dest.mem!
I re-set to factory settings under the Navigation option.....
but they're all still there! So it looks like I'll have reset All data and see what that does!
Many thanks again.

I think I've sorted it out!
Advanced Setup:
Manage Memory:
Delete user data: here you have different options on which info to remove.

Thank you for your help, it pointed me in the right direction.

turn on - press NAV- press set up (bottom right corner) - press manage memory - press del user data - select (tick) what you want to clear - confirm. memory cleared

think you posted while I was checking

Back