Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2016 RNS 510 sat nav upgrade? V 13

CYCLOPATH

CYCLOPATH

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi all, I have just got a new T5 from a VW garage, with the RNS 510 sat nav. It has v12 maps , but I noticed as I drove home, that I was on a road not recognised by the nav??
I goggled it and found a V13 disc for sale on eBay.
I emailed the dealer who tells me that there is no such thing, but the VW garage In Exeter said there is, for 135 quid.
Anybody had the upgrade?does it exist ?
I feel sure my original dealer would give me it for free if it exists .

The mapping data comes from Navteq and is normally about 12 to 18 months prior to current.
If you don't get it from the dealer then SMG , forum sponsors, can get it and you get a 10% discount.

Hi,
Just to complete the thread in case others look at this later.
SMG won't give 10% as it is not classed as an accessory
BUT
they sell it for 50 pounds less than my local garage in Exeter anyway!

Maybe noob question. But how do one update anyway? Just insert the Disc?

Maybe noob question. But how do one update anyway? Just insert the Disc?
Yes. Just follow on screen instructions. Takes about 50 minutes to finish copying. Don't need ignition on, just press the On button. If screen goes blank, don't worry. Will carry on copying.

Yes it does exist, both W & E Europe.
Doesn't appear to be much different and still doesn't have some newish roads that have been there for at least a couple of years.

Yes it does exist, both W & E Europe.
Doesn't appear to be much different and still doesn't have some newish roads that have been there for at least a couple of years.
Depends. I upgraded before going to Nordkapp as there was a significant improvement in the Scandinavian map data and over 1000 miles of new roads. Found it was spot on.

Back