Glitch in discover media navigation

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I've noticed what I can only assume is a glitch in the Discover Media navigation system.

I successfully updated my map data from the VW website on 21 May 2019. Since then, twice a saved location entered before the map update as a destination has tried to direct me to the centre of the nearest town to the destination.

#1 Destination SMG Tonbridge: sat nav tried to direct me to the centre of Tonbridge.
#2 Destination Jeskyns Park: sat nav tried to direct me to the centre of Gravesend.

First time this happened, I assumed I had made some sort of error in inputting the destination, and reset the destination by deleting it and re-entering it.

But it happened again today. I think that both times the destination was saved to memory by touching the destination on the screen, then saving the location with an appropriate name. I can only guess that when the map data was deleted and new map data input, something happened to the way the sat nav handles saved locations that it now directs to the nearest town centre.

Has anyone else noticed this apparent glitch?

Back