Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Deposit contribution offer

D

Dr Dave

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I've just joined the forum as I have a new California Beach being delivered next week.

I've been told by the dealer that I'm not eligible for the current finance offer (£1000 deposit contribution and 2 free services) as it's for new orders only.

I'd been told when I ordered (unfortunately by a different dealer) that the finance offer was what was available at the time of delivery.

I just wanted to see what other people's experiences were? Obviously I'm not too hopeful, but thought I'd just check before accepting the dealer's word on it.

Thanks in advance!

I've just joined the forum as I have a new California Beach being delivered next week.

I've been told by the dealer that I'm not eligible for the current finance offer (£1000 deposit contribution and 2 free services) as it's for new orders only.

I'd been told when I ordered (unfortunately by a different dealer) that the finance offer was what was available at the time of delivery.

I just wanted to see what other people's experiences were? Obviously I'm not too hopeful, but thought I'd just check before accepting the dealer's word on it.

Thanks in advance!
My dealer told me not to do anything about finance paperwork when I ordered in September. He reckoned that there may be an improved deal after 1st Oct (new quarter) and in any case it couldn’t be any worse than the offer in September (sweet fa).

I’m now expecting delivery end of Nov and I’ll be happily taking the £1k discount.

I don’t know how that squares with what you’ve been told, but I’m pretty clear that I’ll get the current deal.

We ordered in August and the dealer was able to get us in on the finance contribution. We took delivery on Monday (23-10-2017). I was not expecting to get it so I'm not sure how they work, but I know other members have mentioned it.

Thanks for your replies.

I've gone back to my dealer to ask again. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

I was told (last thursday, when we placed our order) that any offer is locked in when you are proposed for the finance, not when the vehicle is actually delivered. I got the £1k and 2 free services locked in ASAP the following day by getting them to propose the finance and get it lined up ready.

That may be where I struggle then. My dealer got me to complete a finance proposal back in May before he would put the order through. So I may be locked into the old finance "offer" (which didn't have any offers with it)

I'm annoyed with myself for signing it now, but I was told at the time that it couldn't be ordered without a finance proposal.

That may be where I struggle then. My dealer got me to complete a finance proposal back in May before he would put the order through. So I may be locked into the old finance "offer" (which didn't have any offers with it)

I'm annoyed with myself for signing it now, but I was told at the time that it couldn't be ordered without a finance proposal.

How much deposit have you paid so far?

Threaten to cancel and I'm sure they will offer you the deposit contribution then!

Also, I'm sure they would need to do a new finance proposal just in case your credit rating has changed since May anyway.

I had also thought that it would need a new proposal, given the time from ordering. I have asked for a new proposal anyway as I have re-evaluated how many miles I will be doing per year. I'm hoping that might affect things positively for me.

I've paid £1000 so far

Then you can tell the dealer you'll cancel without the offer; worse car scenario is that you get 2 free services when you order from the next dealer.

I had also thought that it would need a new proposal, given the time from ordering. I have asked for a new proposal anyway as I have re-evaluated how many miles I will be doing per year. I'm hoping that might affect things positively for me.

I've paid £1000 so far

I ordered mine in Dec 15 when there was NO deposit contribution and then got the £750 deposit contribution that was then released in the first quarter of 2016.

I hadn't paid any deposit at all though so had nothing to lose!

Not true that you need to sign a finance agreement to order. I ordered without then added later to get the £750 being offered at the time.

If the dealer doesn't back down complain to vwcs

Back