Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New VW Call discount

J

James Lewis

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi all,
We're looking to order a new california beach in the next couple of weeks - we're almost happy with the spec! :) However having seen a lot of posts about discounts, I'm confused as to whether the £2k deposit contribution we've been offered by vw is the discount people are talking about? I.e. are people getting the deposit contribution AND the 8% discount?
Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Yes, the £2k is direct from VW and the discount is what you can negotiate with the dealer! Aim for 7-9% plus the £2k ;-) good luck!!!!!!

Thanks so much both, I've just emailed the dealer to finalise the spec and ask for the discount. The forum might literally pay dividends!:cheers

Hi,

I really think it's dependant on the dealer as to whether they are prepared to give a discount.

We have been offered 9% but were given the impression that this is only because we have had lots of probems with our current van (an ex demo) and the dealer is trying to help us into a replacement.

I phoned Hatfield Van centre in the week as they have several Calis ready to go, but as soon as I said I had been offered 9%, their finance manager told me to 'bite their hand off'! Supply and demand at present dictates that he is not prepared to match that offer.

Exeter said they may be able to match it, if they can find us something, but would require written proof of our other offer before they would consider.

My advice would be to phone around and see who is prepared to offer the largest reduction. There are deals to be had out there for definite! If you don’t ask and all that... Good Luck!

Do not fixate too much on the % offered but what the OTR price is between dealers. the reason being that some dealers use the VW brochure prices whilst others will use the VW configerator prices. These two prices differ for some options. Also the dealer supplied option prices will differ too.

Back