Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Devon and Cornwall in June

Larkrise

Larkrise

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Fresh back from Western Scotland we are now pencilling in possibilities for an extended week in June in the South West. I don't think we have ever camped down there before and really don't know the area at all. Any recommendations gratefully received (but pref not big holiday parks!). Amazingly we have finally clocked that there is a massive community of motorhome owners at large and potentially making campsites busy out of school holidays. One site we stayed at on Skye last week was fully booked!

The Rising Sun at Altarnun has a little campsite with electric hook ups and showers and fantastic food which I would recommend.

Perfect! What more could one want! Thank you ( reaching for the map...). Chris

You can park and sleep overnight for free in Dartmouth and the public toilet block has showers around the back more for use by yachties but available anyway.

Great restaurants, river trips (Agatha Christie's house at Greenaway), get the steam train to Paignton, coastal walk to Brixham, nearby Slapton sands where D-day landings were practiced, close to Dartmoor where there are also some great camp sites - have to search out more details.

If you prefer, Little Cotton campsite is a nice one at the top of the hill in Dartmouth, there's a good C&CC site in Slapton close to the beach, good pub the Tower Inn in Slapton itself with highly recommended food.

Plume of Feathers pub in Princetown, Dartmoor have 10 vehicle pitches, good pub right in the centre of Dartmoor for walks etc. and last time I went, a good Mixed Grill platter.

Enjoy the West Country!:thumb

I'm liking this camp plus good food theme... will start dropping pins on the map. Thank you.

Wondered if you would spot my theme..;-)

Cornwall in June is fantastic especially around padstow ,polzeath and the rock area plenty to do if you like beaches ,surf, good food and walking .
We like south winds campsite in polzeath as a base ,nice grassy level pitches not to crowded with views and the cleanest toilets I have seen

+1 Polzeath out of school holidays. Camped in Rock as a kid 200 yards from beach but think the place is 'static' only now.:(

Can also recommend Secret Garden at Bosavern House near St Just if you get that far. It is in the 'Cool Camping' guide top 10 for England!

We really wanted to go to the Secret Garden site, but no dogs allowed....

Back