Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Devon (N or S) in May, dog friendly recommendations?

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
We are off for a week to Devon, north maybe south, looking for a few of your fav places to visit to meet our criteria. I am looking for your fav sites that you would recommend

What we ideally need are:

Sites that are dog friendly (most are these days)
Access to dog friendly walks or beaches (many of our favs arent outside of winter).
Somewhere with good views perhaps...

Any must see sites I have to visit?

We are off for a week to Devon, north maybe south, looking for a few of your fav places to visit to meet our criteria. I am looking for your fav sites that you would recommend

What we ideally need are:

Sites that are dog friendly (most are these days)
Access to dog friendly walks or beaches (many of our favs arent outside of winter).
Somewhere with good views perhaps...

Any must see sites I have to visit?

Barricane Beach near woolacombe allows dogs on leads in summer, and has a small seasonal beach cafe that serves anazing Sri Lankan curries, including a vegetarian option, for less than £10.

Overnight camper van parking on the quays at both Biddeford and Appledore with handy toilets.

Westward Ho has overnight parking, dog friendly pubs and restaurants (check out the Pier House). Park at the end of Northam Burrows for a couple of miles of quiet, dog friendly beach

Richard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They looks fantastic, thankyou! We will give them a try!

Thanks for the top on Bideford too Martin, I think Appledore is the favourite of those to check out :D

I may have mentioned it already in another thread but if you're considering Mortehoe then Damage Barton is a lovely site. Lovely sea views and large level hardstanding pitches. They also have a brand new toilet and shower block which I did the flooring in!
North Morte Farm is a firm favourite of ours too but you'll struggle to get anything remotely close to a level pitch if they're busy.

I may have mentioned it already in another thread but if you're considering Mortehoe then Damage Barton is a lovely site. Lovely sea views and large level hardstanding pitches. They also have a brand new toilet and shower block which I did the flooring in!
North Morte Farm is a firm favourite of ours too but you'll struggle to get anything remotely close to a level pitch if they're busy.

Thanks .Damage Barton looks great.
Bookmarked.

We stayed a tiny bit up the road from Damage Barton this Easter, at Warcombe Farm. A lovely kiddy and dog friendly site. They have there on dog walking wood attached to the site, though wood is a bit of an optimistic term as they've only recently planted the trees! Still it's a really nice site.

Be aware that most of the Beaches in the area have dog restrictions of some kind though. The walks from all of the Mortehoe campsites are fantastic though across the cliff paths and all dog friendly. There is also Rockham bay near Mortehoe, on the way to bull point light house.

A picture of our pitch over looking the Bristol Channel.

34567261635_f5e236c934_z.jpg

Agree about Damage Barton. Great place. We also had several trips to the CC site at Start Bay. You can get the bus from just outside the site or walk into the village for some good places to eat. Small site.

We like Karrageen (see my review in camping reviews) above Hope Cove . X2 dog friendly pubs in Hope Cove & nearby dog friendly national trust beach South Milton with a great Beach House cafe .
Also recently stayed at Galmpton (see photoCali with a view thread). Really enjoyed walking down the lane from the campsite to the Greenway( Agatha Christie holiday home) & getting passanger ferry to Dittisham ( dog friendly pub & anchorstone cafe). The steam train to Dartmouth stops at Galmpton.

Back