Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Diesel engine preheating earning flashing - VW GC 600

R

rmanners

Vehicle
Grand California 600
I bought a brand new Volkswagen Grand California 600 yesterday. I had to drive it 150 miles from the dealer to home. After smoothly driving for approximately 100 miles, the "Diesel engine preheating" amber warning started flashing non-stop.

I called the VW roadside assistance and they came to check the car the following morning, but couldn't fix the issue. They said it is very likely due to some electrical issue (a faulty or disconnected cable, but their computer could not locate where).

I will then have to take it to a VW van centre near my home, and hopefully it will be something easy to fix... Very disappointed, it is not what one expects from a brand new vehicle. I had to cancel my camping plans for the next days and won't be able to use it for the time being.

Did anyone have a similar experience? Any recommendations?

I bought a brand new Volkswagen Grand California 600 yesterday. I had to drive it 150 miles from the dealer to home. After smoothly driving for approximately 100 miles, the "Diesel engine preheating" amber warning started flashing non-stop.

I called the VW roadside assistance and they came to check the car the following morning, but couldn't fix the issue. They said it is very likely due to some electrical issue (a faulty or disconnected cable, but their computer could not locate where).

I will then have to take it to a VW van centre near my home, and hopefully it will be something easy to fix... Very disappointed, it is not what one expects from a brand new vehicle. I had to cancel my camping plans for the next days and won't be able to use it for the time being.

Did anyone have a similar experience? Any recommendations?
Hello Manners
I had the same problem after only 15 km
I stopped and shut down the engine
After waiting 5 minutes, I went back on my way and the problem did not reappear
As my vehicle was called back by VW for updates, they looked for a cause for this incident (Plug Control, Engine Diagnostics, etc.)
Since then, the incident has not recurred
The VW technician informed me that it was not dangerous to drive with this problem, but that it should be reported again if it reappeared
Phil

Hi Nobard.h Tank you very much for your message.

Unfortunately my warning light did not disappear. I asked the dealership to tow the vehicle back to London (160 miles). They said it was caused by an electrical component (some kind of computer) that came deffective from factory and they had to order a new one from Germany. It took 2 weeks, they gave me a replacement car in the meantime... I got my grand California back yesterday, and everything is working perfectly now.

Back