Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Diesel Heater Broken

michaelj70

michaelj70

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi All

Recently my diesel heater is not able to turn on .... The indicator for the heater on the control panel is flashing continually

Any ideas ?

Fuse, malfunction .. new van ??

Thanks in advance

Michael

Have you pressed the reset? You do this by holding the return button (bottom right side of control panel) for five seconds. If the indicator is still flashing after this action you will need to go to a VW dealer to let them look at it for you......unless anyone else knows different.

Yes, you effectively reboot the whole control panel. So if your fridge is on, for example, you will need to reset your parameters for it once the reboot is complete. By the way, I suggest you do this with your roof down. Hope this helps.

mmm Yes good point... camping at the moment don't want any issues with the roof

Hope you get sorted soon - no one likes issues on holiday. Enjoy the summer.

I had a similar problem and someone on here ( cant remember who ) advised to try to start the heater a few times for it to prime itself.It worked for me.

I had a similar problem and someone on here ( cant remember who ) advised to try to start the heater a few times for it to prime itself.It worked for me.

I am not sure I am in a position to start the heater at all ... If i go ot Turn on heater in cpu It does nothing and icon still continues to flash

I am not sure I am in a position to start the heater at all ... If i go ot Turn on heater in cpu It does nothing and icon still continues to flash
When roof is down.
Hold Bottom R button on Control Panel and then Press Button for 10 seconds.
New Menu appears.
Scroll to VW Diagnostics.
Any Codes shown? If YES then write down codes and then scroll to RESET or DELETE Codes.
Then Press L Lower button . Screen shuts off. Wait 30 secs then Press L Lower button again.
When Control Panel has re-booted try Heater.
Does it fire up? Make sure Temperature Level is set at 4 or more. If it is warmer than the Level set then heater may not fire up, only the fan.

Let us know if this works, please.

Last edited:
When roof is down.
Hold Bottom R button on Control Panel and then Press Button for 10 seconds.
New Menu appears.
Scroll to VW Diagnostics.
Any Codes shown? If YES then write down codes and then scroll to RESET or DELETE Codes.
Then Press L Lower button . Screen shuts off. Wait 30 secs then Press L Lower button again.
When Control Panel has re-booted try Heater.
Does it fire up? Make sure Temperature Level is set at 4 or more. If it is warmer than the Level set then heater may not fire up, only the fan.

Let us know if this works, please.

Blimey that is detailed stuff thanks ... I will give it a go

As its quite warm at the moment Maybe It is the heaters way of saying ' Are you having a laugh You expect me to work in this temperatures !! '

Blimey that is detailed stuff thanks ... I will give it a go

As its quite warm at the moment Maybe It is the heaters way of saying ' Are you having a laugh You expect me to work in this temperatures !! '
Could be.

Very grateful for this thread whilst repatriating back to the UK from Spain during these challenging Coronavirus times. Thanks everyone, whatever I did it worked!