Digital dashboard not working on Kmh

Califan61

Califan61

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
I have a fault that's with Listers van centre in Coventry.

Earlier in the year we went to France in our Feb 24 Ocean, I selected kmh and the dashboard speedo change to kmh as expected however the needle does not Sweep around the dial, only the digits below the speedo displayed the speed. The cruise control worked fine BTW.

I didn't think much more about it but did report it while other warranty work was being carried out. They have replaced my dashboard twice and updated software but the issue persists. It now with the factory to come up with a resolution and I just wondered if anyone else has the same issue.

It's easy to spot once you select kmh as the needle points vertically down rather than sitting at zero on the speedo.

Mph works fine.

Changing the dashboard will not fix a fault like that, that is a software issue, probably the software build for UK models doesn't have the needle drive module for kmph, the interesting question is does a European model work in mph

Two Dashboard changes?? On a '24 model?? That's quite extreme and scary to think something that major needs doing.
The needle not moving would frustrate the hell out of me - software or not - I've never experienced something like that in the 3 cars I've taken abroad over the last 12 years so there's really no excuse for it not to work - especially on such a new model.

Oh, and good luck with a resolution - I'll be watching this so please, do post back with updates.

Changing the dashboard will not fix a fault like that, that is a software issue, probably the software build for UK models doesn't have the needle drive module for kmph, the interesting question is does a European model work in mph
That was what I thought from the beginning, a quick software update and all will be right - wrong! They tell me they have checked other vehicles in there dealership and they are OK.

Two Dashboard changes?? On a '24 model?? That's quite extreme and scary to think something that major needs doing.
The needle not moving would frustrate the hell out of me - software or not - I've never experienced something like that in the 3 cars I've taken abroad over the last 12 years so there's really no excuse for it not to work - especially on such a new model.
The dealership are reluctant to give the van back at the moment due to it not working on the needle. I asked them if they have sent the original dashboard back to the supplier to be tested which I would have thought could confirm where the fault is but thats not the VW way apparently.

I have a dealer supplied hire van so I'm not too concerned at the moment.

i had/have the same issue no needle in km. it was working ok when i first got the van and drove to poland. Must be a software error in a resent OTA update..

The dealer should hold onto the van. Faulty Speedo is an MOT failure.

i had/have the same issue no needle in km. it was working ok when i first got the van and drove to poland. Must be a software error in a resent OTA update..
Thanks, that's interesting and does point to a software issue

I'll eat my hat if that isn't a software issue!!!

Thanks, that's interesting and does point to a software issue
Can I ask when did you go to Poland when it was OK, might be able to roughly workout which OTA update it was. We went to France early June so it was before then.

I'll eat my hat if that isn't a software issue!!!
As it’s a digital display screen that works in mph I agree, it can’t be anything other than software.

As an aside, I checked mine this morning and it’s working fine in kmh as well as mph but noticed that when switching between the two that as well as the numbers round the edge of the dial changing, the position of the needle on the dial also changes. Ie in mph 80mph has the needle vertical but when showing Kmh 100kmh = 60mph has the needle vertical

Can I ask when did you go to Poland when it was OK, might be able to roughly workout which OTA update it was. We went to France early June so it was before then.
I went to poland a month after I took delivery of the van so 15 months ago. There has been a few OTH updates since then. I actually have 2 needles on the display that don’t move

Back