Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 2 seater beach dimensions

S

stim

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hi All,

Hopefully I will be taking delivery of a T6.1 2 seater beach (with the storage box) fairly soon, so wanted to started checking the option for fridges and a custom setup inside.

My intention is to remove the box to make more room for skis and then to build a structure to hold a fridge etc. If someone has this model and could measure the following dimensions, I would be very grateful!

On the attached image:
  1. The width of the storage cut out in the trim of the vehicle (green dimension on image).
  2. Distance (height) from the edge of the trim (indicated by the red line) and the bottom of the cooker when opened (Only on the T6.1).

Many thanks in advance!

Capture.PNG

Anyone able to help with this? I guess there are a few people with this beach configuration...

Sorry, mine is a T6, but for skis there is a hatch under the seat that you can open to carry them. That way you can use the full length of the van up to the front passenger seat. Also, most would keep a fridge behind the front passenger seat (in front of the side box). You can also get a small fridge that fits between the front seats, which is what we use, and it works well for us. Just giving you some alternative ideas :)

Hi, thanks for the suggestions. The problem is, I have some quite specific requirements. The small hatch is too small for the skis I will need to carry (4-6 pairs of wide, long powder skis) and so my idea is to open that ski space up by removing the box. Then the fridge needs to go above to allow the full length for these skis. I may just have to figure this out once I get the van but was hoping to get a head start.

Hopefully someone can still measure this for me...

Hi, thanks for the suggestions. The problem is, I have some quite specific requirements. The small hatch is too small for the skis I will need to carry (4-6 pairs of wide, long powder skis) and so my idea is to open that ski space up by removing the box. Then the fridge needs to go above to allow the full length for these skis. I may just have to figure this out once I get the van but was hoping to get a head start.

Hopefully someone can still measure this for me...
Having watched the California Chris's video re the T6.1 beach. It looks like the multiflex board on legs is no more. The bed base looks to fit onto fittings that protrude from the boot side storage box. Loose the box & you've lost the downstairs bed as well.

Having watched the California Chris's video re the T6.1 beach. It looks like the multiflex board on legs is no more. The bed base looks to fit onto fittings that protrude from the boot side storage box. Loose the box & you've lost the downstairs bed as well.

Could you use the T5.1 or T6 Multiflex board, that fits in the rails instead?

Probably could, But it seems a bit poor to buy a really versatile MPV & then have to source parts from an older model just to be able to camp in it.

Hope these may help. Please be aware the the hob panel must open out and then lift up.

86E114F3-1E42-4E4A-A3A2-444BDB9EE496.jpeg

3BF6E8EE-463B-47FD-A216-554E93ECB151.jpeg

D5935476-09D8-4B9C-AB6F-FD487069AF9E.jpeg

1CD72D3B-E850-4ED4-98B0-22A35E68CD80.jpeg

E66F562D-6589-4120-8664-F8F6FEC41B25.jpeg

The dim from floor to your red line is 200mm. The angle of the camera doesn’t help!

Could you use the T5.1 or T6 Multiflex board, that fits in the rails instead?
The railed MFB sits higher on a 3 seat Bench to allow for more storage underneath. The 2 seat Beach bed sits at the same (lower) height as the Ocean. Hence fitting a railed MFB in a 2 seat Beach would mess the bed height up at the rear.

The railed MFB sits higher on a 3 seat Bench to allow for more storage underneath. The 2 seat Beach bed sits at the same (lower) height as the Ocean. Hence fitting a railed MFB in a 2 seat Beach would mess the bed height up at the rear.
I know, but the OP is awaiting a 2 seat bench + storage box and wishes to remove the storage box to provide storage for 6 pairs of skis.
So it seams reasonable that if removing the storage box precludes using the downstairs bed as the new multiflex is no longer supported by the fittings on the box, then replacing the multiflex with an older version might provide a solution.

I know, but the OP is awaiting a 2 seat bench + storage box and wishes to remove the storage box to provide storage for 6 pairs of skis.
So it seams reasonable that if removing the storage box precludes using the downstairs bed as the new multiflex is no longer supported by the fittings on the box, then replacing the multiflex with an older version might provide a solution.
In that case probably easier to put the Skis on the roof:

It would need to be the MFB specifically for the 2 seat bench. As mentioned maybe roof bars would be easier!

Thanks very much to @2haw for the dims! So the dim from red line to underside of cooker is about 55cm? Looks like the cooker coming out first might scupper my plan though.

For the bed, I can either take the fitting off the box or buy another (spare part) and attach it to the structure I will build instead.

I always prefer skis inside, safer and no road salt.

Thanks very much to @2haw for the dims! So the dim from red line to underside of cooker is about 55cm? Looks like the cooker coming out first might scupper my plan though.

For the bed, I can either take the fitting off the box or buy another (spare part) and attach it to the structure I will build instead.

The dim from the floor to the underside is approx 550mm.

Why not a Roof Box designed for skis. Secure, out of the weather and avoids all the internal modifications.

(Move house…)

Seen these a lot in France, they do various sizes; would just need to watch the combined box + ski weight if you want to raise the roof:

Back