• no

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
Rusty Mac

Rusty Mac

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi

Have had a Cali recently returned and the seats in the rear were in a terrible state.

I have tried
  • upholstery cleaner for cars
  • steam cleaning
nothing shifts the stains....any recommendations.

Yes I am about to purchase covers....which are very expensive! Any thoughts on good seat covers?

Thanks
Rusty

Tried cleaning ours but to no avail.
We are going to bite the bullet and have them reupholstered in leather.

Last edited:
Hi

Have had a Cali recently returned and the seats in the rear were in a terrible state.

I have tried
  • upholstery cleaner for cars
  • steam cleaning
nothing shifts the stains....any recommendations.

Yes I am about to purchase covers....which are very expensive! Any thoughts on good seat covers?

Thanks
Rusty

You rented out a Cali without seat covers?

I really like my Brandrup ones, they match the original interior and are removable / washable. They are expensive though.

Those horrid grey vw waterproof stain resistant ones are such a relief.
Aesthetics 0 out of 10
Practicality 10 out of 10
Even today I avoided ice lolly-a-ggedon.....
Not to mention chilli sauce, soy sauce.
Mud.
Wine
Water
Splatted flies...
Need I go on?

The covers are horrid and at the same time a relief.

I am amazed as others probably are, that VW in their wisdom make a camper/lifestyle vehicle with the most unpractical interior known to human kind. Its not only the seats but the headlining and trim that's pants to keep clean. We bit the bullet when new and bought the fitted black ones from the club, not cheap but have protected the seats until resale occurs. I even took a sheet to the dealers on first collection so as to keep the drivers seat fresh until I could fit the covers.

I am amazed as others probably are, that VW in their wisdom make a camper/lifestyle vehicle with the most unpractical interior known to human kind. Its not only the seats but the headlining and trim that's pants to keep clean. We bit the bullet when new and bought the fitted black ones from the club, not cheap but have protected the seats until resale occurs. I even took a sheet to the dealers on first collection so as to keep the drivers seat fresh until I could fit the covers.
Personally I love our Brandrup second skins, it is great fun to see the disbelieving expressions on peoples faces when you tell them they are sitting on seat covers.

Personally I love our Brandrup second skins, it is great fun to see the disbelieving expressions on peoples faces when you tell them they are sitting on seat covers.

I agree, its the same as the club ones. People think they are the real seats. But they should be more durable from the factory. The vehicle is expensive as it is without having to buy £500+ seat covers then carpets then over carpets for the grey cab area. Do the people that sign these designs off ever actually look at them, let alone use them.
I don't know how people with children and or dogs manage, there's two of us and I get twitchy if anything happens to it. Maybe I'm over protective. having said that when I sold the last one it was as near as mint as possible, which allows for the best used value allowing us the luxury to invest in our current one.

Bet the disbelief doubles when you tell them the price!
I'm jealous!

Those horrid grey vw waterproof stain resistant ones are such a relief.
Aesthetics 0 out of 10
Practicality 10 out of 10
Even today I avoided ice lolly-a-ggedon.....
Not to mention chilli sauce, soy sauce.
Mud.
Wine
Water
Splatted flies...
Need I go on?

The covers are horrid and at the same time a relief.
You missed "sweat"! Removed mine from front seats, too hot this summer.

First thing i would do is put covers on, but madness aint it?. Get covers on so you never see seats, take covers off to sell it with new looking seats, then new owners looks at lovely looking seats and then puts covers on so the whole life of the vehicle, no one actually sees the seats that we all love and cherish so hide away with covers.:confused:

First thing i would do is put covers on, but madness aint it?. Get covers on so you never see seats, take covers off to sell it with new looking seats, then new owners looks at lovely looking seats and then puts covers on so the whole life of the vehicle, no one actually sees the seats that we all love and cherish so hide away with covers.:confused:

Pretty much my thoughts above.

First thing i would do is put covers on, but madness aint it?. Get covers on so you never see seats, take covers off to sell it with new looking seats, then new owners looks at lovely looking seats and then puts covers on so the whole life of the vehicle, no one actually sees the seats that we all love and cherish so hide away with covers.

To a large extent I agree. I do though have a set of the waterproof Inka seat covers in grey which are a great product and handy to have.

Got the Alcantara in ours and really like it so most of the time a throw of some description for the backseat will suffice when we are sat in the back eating or drinking red wine. Throw came in handy when I had a blowout and had to crawl under the Cali as I could cover the drivers seat afterwards until I’d sorted myself out.

So, a set of covers for occasions you might need them, kids dogs etc and a throw for daily use is our choice.

Personally not a fan of leather seats but they do look good.

NB: If you do get covers make sure they comply with regs for the air bags.

Mike

Last edited:
Bet the disbelief doubles when you tell them the price!
I'm jealous!

The Brandrup Second Skin covers sell second hand for around £350/400 all day long.

So if you can afford the initial outlay then total cost of ownership is pretty low.

Best purchase I’ve made for my Cali by a long way.

Got mine re-trimmed in leather by Trim-Technik, in Birkenhead..... Cost was approx £1200 all in. We travel with a dog, and are pretty messy ourselves..... Was a good investment for us, for sure.

Wow, bandrup 2nd skin set for £700, i wouod want covers for thrm at that price, maybe bandrup 3rd skin, £300 and then 4th skin £150 ;-) russion doll but in car seats covers

The best way to clean Cali seats is with a wet and dry cleaner like a numatic George. Add a small amount of soap powder to the water mix. spray on. Light scrub with nail brush then vacuum off. They come up as new. A couple of hours to dry. We now use the inks covers.

We have Alcantara ,which I treated with the Gtechniq I1 smart fabric when we got the Cali in 2016 & again in 2017.

Have two dogs which travel on the bench seat on vetbed .Dont use covers. Have split coffee ,wine easily wiped off with baby wipes.

Today one of the dogs injured the end of her tail & splattered the cabin with blood . Large blood spatter on the Alcantara bench seat :eek:
Easily wiped off with baby wipe. :)

We have Alcantara ,which I treated with the Gtechniq I1 smart fabric when we got the Cali in 2016 & again in 2017.

Have two dogs which travel on the bench seat on vetbed .Dont use covers. Have split coffee ,wine easily wiped off with baby wipes.

Today one of the dogs injured the end of her tail & splattered the cabin with blood . Large blood spatter on the Alcantara bench seat :eek:
Easily wiped off with baby wipe. :)

True, i might get Autoglym life shine apploed, check out vidoe on seats, so people can actually see the real seats. Looks very impressive product and ive used autoglym products for years. Highly rate them!!!

Before I picked up our brand new Beach I visited the dealers and fitted Inka waterproof seat covers to all seven seats. What a good move that was! Since then our crew have dropped all sorts on them and they just wipe clean. If they get really mucky you can stuff them in the washer on a cold wash and hey presto they're clean again. I also fitted Comfortz waterproof covers on both mattresses. They're brilliant too. The rest of the vehicle is wipe clean plastic. The seat covers might not look that luxurious but who cares, they are supremely practical. The factory seats are still as good as new.

To a large extent I agree. I do though have a set of the waterproof Inka seat covers in grey which are a great product and handy to have.

Got the Alcantara in ours and really like it so most of the time a throw of some description for the backseat will suffice when we are sat in the back eating or drinking red wine. Throw came in handy when I had a blowout and had to crawl under the Cali as I could cover the drivers seat afterwards until I’d sorted myself out.

So, a set of covers for occasions you might need them, kids dogs etc and a throw for daily use is our choice.

Personally not a fan of leather seats but they do look good.

NB: If you do get covers make sure they comply with regs for the air bags.

Mike

I’ve got inka seats! Amazing protection for little ones and people who don’t have ocd like me! Decent price allowed me to buy other essentials at the time of van purchase but one do t half sweat on a long hot drive so popping a towel over helps as we’ve discovered

I’ve spent all that money in a van and try really hard to keep it as best I can. It’s gets mucky away and I clean after each trip.

We had to make our own isafix holes though but it doesn’t alter the overall protection and they

I’ve got inka seats! Amazing protection for little ones and people who don’t have ocd like me! Decent price allowed me to buy other essentials at the time of van purchase but one do t half sweat on a long hot drive so popping a towel over helps as we’ve discovered

I’ve spent all that money in a van and try really hard to keep it as best I can. It’s gets mucky away and I clean after each trip.

We had to make our own isafix holes though but it doesn’t alter the overall protection and they
Look great

Back