Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

SOLD: VW Los Angeles Alloys & VW Cali Seat Covers

SteveM

SteveM

VIP Member
Now Sold Thanks to Steve and Joss... much more pleasurable than ebay!

I am continuing my garage clear out - firstly I have the wheels and tyres my Cali was supplied on before being swapped to "Thunders". They are quite unusual being the VW Los Angeles optional pattern. They are 16" but wider than standard and come with 235 (wider) 60 / 16 104 H Dunlop Sport Tyres. They give a much better ride vs 17s and really good roadholding given the extra width...

[album]1243[/album]
[album]1244[/album]
[album]1245[/album]

These will fit all Beach and 140 SEs only. They were removed at 7500 miles and have approx 6mm at the front and 7mm at the rear vs 8mm when new. The wear is even and they have never had a puncture. The 4 alloy wheel faces are perfect - no kerb marks or scratches. I also have a spare alloy with a new tyre. This was bought from a company that converts for wheelchairs and there are two small paint chips on this wheel. The only small negative are the metal trimmed centre caps which pick up small indentations very easily and there are a number in each cap. I have given up worrying, you don't notice then day to day! Collection from Guildford or Heathrow area (working hours). So for the 5 wheels I was looking for £400.

I then also have a bit of a mistaken purchase. I have a set of VW seat covers. They are new in the original packet and are for the SE. They include covers for the front and rear seats, four headrest covers and four arm covers.

[album]1246[/album]
[album]1247[/album]

They are a nice mid grey and look less shiny than the later VW types (really good tight fit as well). Now the issue... these are for cars without front seat side airbags so are meant for pre facelight Californias (earliest models even then). If they work for anyone and they can collect I would pass on for £50... else I will figure out postage. Aware that not many cars don't have the side airbags, so I would also consider seperating out just the rear seat bits if anyone was interested in them.

PM me if you have any questions! Thanks Steve.

Re: VW Los Angeles Alloys & VW Cali Seat Covers

Hi do you have the VW part number for the seat covers and the year of seat they are for? I just need to check if they will fit my seats.

Many thanks
Craig

Re: For Sale: VW Los Angeles Alloys & VW Cali Seat Covers

Craig,

There is a sticky label that has been removed on the outside of the packaging so I may missing some info... the only number I can see is ZGB-7H7-062-100. Where abouts are you? - You would be wecome to try if you are local. These definitely will not fit facelifted T5.1s 2010 > as the seats are more heavily bolstered.

Steve.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply. I have some 2008 California front seats that I need waterproof covers for but they seem to have plumper bolsters compared to the van seats so I think these covers won't fit. Bummer.

Craig,

I think you probably do have the right seats if they are from 2008 (either the ones with the 'gold' or blue centres and they don't have or you won't connect the airbags). The van seats are less bolstered again. Where abouts are you, want to figure out a way to try them? They really are the best covers I have seen by a long way. By the way do you only need the fronts?

Steve.

Hi Steve,

I'm in Aberdeen!
You are right, my seats are grey with the blue trim down the middle. They have airbags but they won't be connected up. I only need the front covers to be honest but your price was keen so it was good either way. The part number I got from VW for the correct seat covers was: ZGB 7H7 062 102. That said I'm not 100% sure they are from a 2008 Cali, I was just going from a 2008 brochure I had which had this trim in it.
Might be worth the risk! I'm sure I could sell them on if they didn't fit.
I'm not a Cali expert would there be any chance that earlier Calis had this trim also?

Thanks for you help.
Craig

I'm after a cheap rear seat cover to try on my t4, (I'm not expecting a great fit but still better than the alternatives out there) so if you do split, and the rear is modest price, I would be interested. Posting to Manchester required. Cheers

Hi Steve,
I have a 2008 Cali with Blue / Seats, happy to take the seat covers if they've not already sold
I'm in Nottingham, let me know?
Cheers
Joss

Right ... after a lot more investigation on the seats I believe these will only fit on the front of pre 2007 non airbag seats. So what I am going to do is stick the fronts on ebay as they will fit most T5 vans to the current day.

However if anyone wants the genuine VW 2 bench cover for the California with the headrests happy to post for £35. I got them out to measure them for T4WFA and they are really well taylored (much better than the Berghaus style in my opinion).

I'll give Joss first refusal but if anyone else is interested let me know.

Steve.